Information seeking behaviour of Faculty members and research scholar of Agricultural University Libraries in Bangladesh
- 1Library Bangladesh Agricultural University, Mymensingh Bangladesh
- 2Department of LIS, University of Kalyani, Nadia, WB, India
- 3Department of LIS, University of Kalyani, Nadia, WB, India
Res. J. Library Sci., Volume 4, Issue (2), Pages 1-8, February,21 (2016)
The present study will provide the results of information seeking behaviour of the faculty members and research scholars of Agricultural Universities in Bangladesh. Data has been collected for the study by using a set of questionnaire from three Agricultural Universities in Bangladesh. Results shows that most of respondents (Mean 3.06 and rank 1) stated their method of seeking information by discussion of library catalogue and consulting the experts in the field of related disciplines (rank-2), librarians / library staff (rank-3). Secondly most of the respondents seek information for current information, research and writing articles. Sixty four percent faculty member access more documents was references from priodicals and text books. All of the faculty members and research scholars read and write library materials in English and Bengali. Most of the respondents faced problems while they seeking information i.e. inadequate library resources and inadequate physical facilities etc.
- Karl Jaspers. (1980), The idea of the university. London, Andre Deutsch Limited
- Patitungkho K. and Deshpande N.J. (2005), Informationseeking behaviours of faculty members of Rajabhatuniversities in Bangkok, Webology, 2, 1–16.
- Suriya M., Sangeetha G. and Nambi M.A. (2004), Information seeking behaviour of faculty members fromgovernment arts colleges in Cuddalore district, In: Kaul, H.K. and Patil, S. K. (Eds.), Library and informationNetworking (NACLIN 2004). New Delhi, 2004, 285–292.
- Fidzani B.T. (1998), Information needs and informationseeking behaviour of graduates students at the universityof Botswana, Library Review. 47, 329–40.
- Boyd A. (2004), Multi-channel information seeking: afuzzy conceptual model, Aslib proceedings, 52(2), 81–88.
- Brown C.M. (1999), Information seeking behaviour ofscientists in the electronic information age, Astronomers,chemists, mathematicians and physicists. Journal of theAmerican Society for Information Science, 50(10), 929–943.
- Raw M.E. (1987), Survey of libraries in veterinarypractice, Veterinary Record, 121(6), 129–131.