Job Satisfaction among the Library professional in Private Engineering College in Hooghly District of West Bengal, India
- 1 Bengal institute of technology and management, Santiniketan, Bolpur, INDIA
Res. J. Library Sci., Volume 3, Issue (5), Pages 8-14, June,21 (2015)
This work examines the issues related to job satisfaction among the private engineering college library professionals in Hooghly district in West Bengal, India. This paper try to evaluate the job satisfaction of library professionals based on a survey methods. The survey population size is 38 library professionals, semi-professional and non-professional staff, usable questionnaires distributed and collected on the spot visit in the libraries. Questionnaires in this survey related to the various effecting factors of job satisfaction. The study suggests a helpful finding for authority to make a policy formulation concerning human resources of the library.
- Locke E.A. and Lathan G.P., Theory of goal setting and task performance, Prentice-Hall, 248-250 (1976)
- B. Asadullah B., Esmail S.M. and Nagarajan M., Job Satisfaction among library professionals in Cuddalore and Vellore District, Journal of Advances in Library and Information Science, 1(4), 173-176 (2012)
- Kaya E., Job satisfaction of the librarians in the developing countries, Proceedings from 61st IFLA general conference,(1995)
- Leysen J.M. and Boydston J.M.K., Job satisfaction among academic cataloger librarians, College and Research Libraries, 70(3), 273-297 (2009)
- Ullah I., Relationship between work motivation and job satisfaction of male college librarians(Unpublished MPhil dissertation), Department of Library and Information Science, University of the Punjab, Lahore, Pakistan.
- Sornam S.A., and Sudha S., Occupational role stress on women librarians: a study, SRELS Journal of Information Management. 40(2), 201-214 (2003)
- Srivastava A. and Srivastava A., Opportunities for professional development of librarians: a study of the level of satisfaction among librarians of institutions of higher education in Jaipur, ILA Bulletin, 40(4), 31-34 (2004)
- Kaur R., Librariansí Job Satisfaction: Nature, Determinants and Theories, ILA Bulletin, 42(4), 5-12 (2006)
- Awan M.R. and Mahmood K., Relationship among leadership style, organizational culture and employee commitment in university librarians, Library Management, 31(4/5), 253-266 (2010)
- Balasubramanian P. and Vasanthakumar N., A Study on Job Satisfaction of Library Professionals with Reference to Colleges Imparting Management Education, Indian Journal of Information Sources and Services, 1(1), 26-30 (2011)