Analysis of heat stress and its impact on thermal comfort
- 1Kodla B.K.A. Vidyamandir, Kodla, Murshidabad-742405, West Bengal, India
- 2J. D. Birla Institute, Departments of Sciences & Commerce,11 Lower Rawdon Street, Kolkata- 700020, India
- 3Department of Physics, D.N. College, Aurangabad, Murshidabad-742201, India
Res. J. Physical Sci., Volume 7, Issue (3), Pages 12-14, September,4 (2019)
Rise in ambient atmospheric temperature is a serious concern in tropical countries. It induces irreversible thermal stress in human population especially those involved in outdoor activities. Thermal stress reduces productivity of working population due to generation of thermal and even raises casualty issues if the extent of stress situation is sufficiently high. Thus it is absolutely necessary to understand the regional features of thermal stress so that effective precaution may be suggested to save precious human lives of all economic status. Present research summarizes an account of thermal stress measurements based on calculation framework, indices of measurement and prevention strategies.
- Wing J.F. (1965)., Upper thermal tolerance limits for unimpaired mental performance., Aerospace Med, 36(10), 960-964.
- Allnut M.F. and Allan J.R. (1973)., The effects of care temperature elevation and thermal sensation on performance., Ergonomics, 16, 189-196.
- Epstein Y., Keren G., Moisseiev J., Gasko O. and Yachin S. (1980)., Psychomotor deterioration during exposure to heat., Aviation, space, and environmental medicine, 51(6), 607-610.
- Adolph E.F. and Associates (1969)., Physiology of man in the desert., Hafner Publ Comp, New York.
- Shibolet S., Lancaster M.C. and Danon Y. (1976)., Heat stroke: a review., Aviation, Space, and Environmental Medicine, 47(3), 280-301.
- Bell P.A. (1981)., Physiological, comfort, performance, and social effects of heat stress., Journal of Social Issues, 37(1), 71-94.
- Belding H.S. and Hatch T.F. (1955)., Index for evaluating heat stress in terms of resulting physiological strains., Heating, piping and air conditioning, 27(8), 129-136.
- Parsons K., Taylor and Francis (2003). Human thermal environments, 2nd Ed., London, 258-292., undefined, undefined
- Hui D. and Wong S. (2011)., Study of heat stress and thermal environment in construction sites., Department of Mechanical Engineering, the University of Hong Kong.
- Bernard T.E. and Cross R.R. (1999)., Heat stress management: Case study in an aluminum smelter., International journal of industrial ergonomics, 23(5-6), 609-620.
- Fanger P.O. (1970)., Thermal comfort. Analysis and applications in environmental engineering., Thermal comfort. Analysis and applications in environmental engineering.
- Goldman R.F., Mekjavic I.B., Banister E.W. and Morrison J.B. (1988)., Standards for human exposure to heat., Environmental ergonomics Philadelphia, 99-138.