Spectral content analysis of control water pumping system connected to the Electrical distribution network
- 1University Abdou Moumouni of Niamey, Niger
- 2Mines, Industry and Geology school of Niamey, Niger
- 3Electrical Engineering Department, National Engineering School, University of Lome, Togo
- 4Electrical Engineering Department, National Engineering School, University of Lome, Togo
Res. J. Physical Sci., Volume 7, Issue (3), Pages 1-6, September,4 (2019)
The heavy use of non-linear loads generates voltage and current harmonics that can cause various disturbing problems. The objective of this paper is to evaluate the harmonic pollution caused by the equipment of an induction motor pump unit supplied by the electrical distribution network and to propose solutions to mitigate it. In this work, two pump motor starting modes, direct starting and the motor associated with an inverter controlled by PWM signals, were simulated and experimentally tested. The simulations were carried out under Matlab/Simulink environment. Simulation results and experimental tests show that starting an induction motor in combination with a PWM inverter has better electromechanical performance than the results obtained when the motor pump is fed directly from the electrical grid.
- Yue M.A. and Ling Z. (2007)., An analysis and simulation of shunt hybrid active power filter., Electrical Machines and Systems, ICEMS. International Conference on, 90-93.
- Akagi H. (2005)., Active harmonic filters., Proceedings of the IEEE, 93(12), 2128-2141.
- Collombet C., Lupin J.M. and Schonek J. (1999)., Harmonic disturbances in polluted networks and their treatment., Schneider Electric, Technical Paper, No. 152, 145-150.
- Thajeel E.M., Daniyal H., Sulaiman M.H. and Mahdi M.M. (2015)., Control schemes for shunt active filters to mitigate harmonics using triangular carrier current controller., IJESRT, 4(8), 758-762.
- Hoevenaars T., LeDoux K. and Colosino M. (2003)., Interpreting IEEE STD 519 and meeting its harmonic limits in VFD applications., Annual Petroleum and Chemical Industry Conference, 50(1).
- A. L. de Heredia Bermeo (2006)., Advanced controls of systems dedicated to improving energy quality: from low voltage to voltage rise., Institut National Polytechnique of Grenoble-INPG.
- Somendra Banerjee, Chatterjee Dr. S. and Shimi S.L. (2013)., Reduction of Total Harmonics Distortion in Four Switches Three Phase Inverter Fed Induction Motor Drive., International Journal of Research in Electrical & Electronics Engineering, 1(2), 82-91. www.iaster.com, ISSN Online: 2347-5439.
- Birbir Y. and Nogay H.S. (2007)., Harmonic Variations in Three-phase Induction Motors Fed by PWM Inverter with Different Stator Coil Pitches., Proceedings of the 6th WSEAS International Conference on Applications of Electrical Engineering, Istanbul, Turkey, 195-199.
- Godfroid H. (1993)., Numerical control of AC motors: needs and solutions., General Electricity Review, 5, 13-26.
- Depernet D. (1995)., Optimization of the control of a three-stage PWM inverter for asynchronous machines., University of Reims-Champagne Ardenne.
- Mohammed Jamal A. (2008)., Performance Improvement of a Single Phase Induction Motor Fed by Non-sinusoidal Voltages., Eng. &Tech, 26(7), 797-812.
- Mohanty K.N. and Muthu R. (2010)., Microcontroller based PWM controlled four switch three phase inverter fed induction motor drive., serbian journal of electrical engineering, 7(2), 195-204.
- Boumaaraf A., Draou M.D. and Chikhi S.A. (2002)., A New Concept of PWM Control for the Photovoltaic Pumping System., Rev. Energ. Ren., 5, 139-147.