Impact of simplified kundalini yoga and pranayama on anger management among young adult women
- 1WCSC–VISION Aliyar, Pollachi, Bharathiyar University, Coimbatore, Tamilnadu, India
- 2WCSC–VISION Aliyar, Pollachi, Bharathiyar University, Coimbatore, Tamilnadu, India
Res. J. of Physical Education Sci., Volume 9, Issue (1), Pages 1-7, November,23 (2021)
The aim of the study was to discover the effect of Simplified Kundalini Yoga and Pranayama on young adult women's anger management. Women's role in family and society is most essential. When they succumb to anger a natural occurrence not only weakens the immune system and it also destroys relationships. Anger comes in numerous classifications including violence, frustration, distrust, disgust, rage, and develops negativity. Triggered by unpleasant emotions involving thoughts, feelings, and bodily changes anger affects women’s well-being leading to imbalance, the restless mindset in life. To enhance the peaceful balance state of mental acuity regular practice of SKY Yoga would be fruitful. For the research, 60 young adult women were selected as subjects from in and around Hosur. Their ages ranged from 25 years to 35 years. The topics were split into three classes of equal subjects. Experimental Group I went on SKY Yoga practices only; Experimental Group II went only on Pranayama for 10 weeks. Control groups were not given any training. The anger was measured before and after the experiment using the standardized questionnaire PANSS. The data was analyzed through Analysis of Co-variance (ANCOVA) and it was concluded that the impact of Simplified Kundalini Yoga on the neutralization of rage was important (P < 0.05). The results of the study showed that in the Experiment 1 SKY YOGA Practices group there was a substantial increase in reducing frustration and showed an affirmative effect of Peace as opposed to the Experiment 1I Pranayama Group and Control Group. SKY Yoga diminishes anger resulting in optimistic effects among young adult women’s balanced life. SKY Yoga through neutralization of anger brings in harmonious relationships with compassion, forgiveness, and tolerance, thereby a pleasant and prosperous peaceful, healthy life physically, mentally, socially, and spiritually.
- John Walter (2006)., The Sunday Times Magazine., The_Sunday_TimesMagazine.
- Vaswani J.P. (1998)., Burn Anger before Anger Burns You., 1420853538, ISBN13: 9781420853537.
- Vethathiri Maharishi (2010)., Sublimation and Social Welfare., VISION for Wisdom. Vethathiri Publications.
- Alexia Lafata (2014)., Negative emotions that actually have really Positive effects on your life., Available from: https://www.elitedaily.com/life/negative-emotions-good-for-you/881761.
- Negative - emotions (2016)., Better Health., https://www.betterhealth.vic.gov.au/health/healthyliving/ negative-emotions.
- Vaswani J.P. (2013)., Say No To Negatives., https:// www.barnesandnoble.com/w/say-no-to-negatives-jp-vaswani/1117237057.
- Danica Collins (2016)., The Deadly Effects of Anger on Your Health and Mind., www.undergroundhealthreporter. com/effects-of-anger-dangerous-to-healthandmind/
- Thathuvagnani Vethathiri Maharishi (1992)., Journey of Consciousness Vethathiri Publications., pp 1-176. ASIN : B079VJ4GJ8
- Vethathiri Maharishi (2016)., Yoga for Youth Empowerment (Paper II) Prosperity of Mind., Vision for Wisdom. Vethathiri Publications; pp1-100. ASIN: B07F D722R3.
- Thathuvagnani Vethathiri Maharishi (2016)., SKY Yoga for Human Excellence., Volume I. Vethathiri Publications. pp 1-102. ASIN: B07FD722R3.
- Megan R. (2015)., Anger can have negative impact on physical health. https://www.sunriseseniorliving. com/blog/june-2015/research-shows-that-anger-can-have-negative-impacts-on-physical-health.aspx, undefined
- Woolery, A., Myers, H., Stemliebm, B., & Zeltzer, L. (2004)., A yoga intervention for young adults with elevated symptoms of depression., Alternative Therapies in Health & Medicine, 10(2). 60–63.
- Kassinove, H., Roth, D., Owens, S.G. and Fuller, J.R. (2002)., Effects of trait anger and anger expression style on competitive attack responses in a wartime prisoner’s dilemma game., Aggr. Behav., 28, 117-125. https://doi.org/10.1002/ab.90013
- Hamza, A., Sharma, M. K., Marimuthu, P., & Murli, S. (2019)., Cognitive behavioral skill-based training program for enhancing anger control among youth., Industrial Psychiatry Journal, 28(1), 37.
- Sam Russell (2017)., Punished by Anger, Tiny Buddha., http://cackhanded.wordpress.com/.