Religious aspects of diet
- 1Lovely Professional University, Phagwara, Punjab, India
Res. J. of Physical Education Sci., Volume 5, Issue (5), Pages 1-4, October,23 (2017)
Everything we eat produces a sensation on the body and brain. The sensation created by food determines a specific mentality. Meat eating produces gross material reactions that develop the material or animal mental tendencies, whereas eating raw fruits and vegetables helps to reinforce and develop of the spiritual qualities. Food is a basic need of all living beings. Just as we cannot live without air and water, we cannot live without food. Food gives us energy to carry out our daily activities and keep all the systems of the body functioning well. Food supplies the nourishing substances needed by our body to build and repair tissues and to regulate various functions.
- Podder Tanu (2002)., You Are What You Eat., Book, Pustak Mahal, Delhi.Pg-9
- Sikha Information (2017) www.Info-sikh.com., undefined, undefined
- Aggawwal Gopi Nath (1998)., Vegetarian And Non-Vegetarian Choose Yourself., Book Old Delhi, India.
- Saraswati Swami Dayananda (1995)., The Value Of Values., Asrha Vidhya Guru Kulum, ISBN- 978-81-903636-7-9, 31-34.
- Snowdon D.A. and Phillips R.L. (1985)., Does a vegetarian diet reduce the occurrence of diabetes?., American Journal of Public Health, 75(5). 507-512.
- Dwyer J.T. (1988)., Health Aspects Of Vegetarian Diets., American Journal of Clinical Nutrition, 48(3), 712-738.
- Hanne N., Dlin R. and Nrotstein A. (1986)., Physical fitness, anthropometric and metabolic parameters in vegetarian athletes., Journal of sports medicine and physical fitness, 26(2), 180-185.
- Nieman D.C., Sherman K.M., Arabatzis K., Underwood B.C., Barbosa J.C., Johnson M. and Lee J. (1989)., Hematological, anthropometric, and metabolic comparisons between vegetarian and nonvegetarian elderly women., International journal of sports medicine, 10(04), 243-251.
- Bollywood shaadis (2017)., Expert Guide On High Protein Diet For Weight Loss And How To Cut Carbohydrates., http://www.bollywoodshaadis.com/articles/expert-advice-on-high-protein-diet-for-weight-loss-3288
- Burr M.L. and Sweetnam P.M. (1982)., Vegetarianism, dietary fiber, and mortality., American Journal of Clinical Nutrition, 36(5), 873-877.
- Burr M.L. and Butland B.K. (1988)., Heart disease in British vegetarians., American Journal of clinical Nutrition, 48(3), 830-832.
- Levin J.R., Anglin G.J. and Carney R.N. (1987)., The psychology of illustration., Basic Research, 1, 51-85.
- Snowdon D.A. and Phillips R.L. (1985)., Does a vegetarian diet reduce the occurrence of diabetes?., American Journal of Public Health, 75(5), 507-512.