Comparative analysis of selected physical fitness variables between army and police volleyball players
- 1Govt. First Grade College, K.R. Puram, Bangalore, Karnataka, India and Department of Physical Education, Karpagam University, Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu, India
- 2Physical Education, Bangalore University, Bangalore, Karnataka, India
Res. J. of Physical Education Sci., Volume 5, Issue (3), Pages 1-5, May,23 (2017)
The purpose of the study was to find out whether there was a significant difference in physical fitness levels between Army and Police volleyball players. In order to achieve this purpose, 12 Volleyball players each from Army and Police teams were selected respectively who represented their teams undergoing training in Bangalore. By computation of t-ratio the Army and Police volleyball players were tested for the statistical significance of 2.04 table value. The level of confidence set for the significance was 0.05 level and it has been derived from the results that there was a significant difference in speed, agility and cardio respiratory endurance variables, were the army volleyball players being found superior in speed, meanwhile police volleyball players were superior in agility and cardio respiratory endurance and it was found that there was no significant difference in muscular endurance, flexibility and leg explosive power between the Army and Police volleyball players.
- Clarke H.H. (1971)., Basic understanding of physical fitness.. Presidentís Council on Physical Fitness and Sport., Washington, DC, Physical Fitness Research Digest, 1(1), 1-10.
- Mahipal (2016)., A Comparative study of selected physical fitness variable among state level athletes and football players of district panipat., Times International Journal of Research, 11-15. ISSN 23494867
- Srikanth R. (2002)., Comparative Analysis of selected physical fitness variables among army and police hockey players., (Unpublished M.P.Ed thesis) Bangalore University 2002, 4-5.
- Srikanth R. and reddy Dr. Muni (2005)., Comparative Analysis of selected physical fitness variables among army and police Volleyball and Football players., (Unpublished Mphil thesis) Anamalai University, 6-8.
- Rao Ramachandra N. and Rao Rathnakara R.V.L.N. (2015)., Effect of selected physical fitness Components of Volleyball players in spiking performance at various atmospheric conditions., Research Journal of Physical Education Sciences, 3(11), 4-7, ISSN 2320-9011.