Effect of Dalk Motadil Kaseer (Moderate Massage) with Roughn Biskhapra (Horse Purslane oil) in Waja uz zahr (low back pain)
- 1Department of Moalajat (Medicine), National Institute of Unani Medicine,Bangalore-560091, India
- 2Department of Moalajat (Medicine), National Institute of Unani Medicine,Bangalore-560091, India
Int. Res. J. Medical Sci., Volume 4, Issue (2), Pages 1-4, February,28 (2016)
Low back pain (Waja uz Zahr) is an affliction that affects a substantial proportion of people. No one is resistant to this condition or its potential incapability, which does not discriminate by gender, age, race or culture. The main aim of the study was to assess the effect of Dalk Moatadil Kaseer with Roughn Biskhapra in low back pain. The present study was an before and after without control study carried out at the department of Moalajat in National Institute of Unani Medicine (NIUM) Bangaluru. A total of 30 patients of both sex, above the 20 years and below 69 years of age, giving the history of low back pain were selected for the trial. A total of 8 sittings of local massage with Roughn Biskhapra were scheduled over 21 days. In this trial, Dalk Moatadil Kaseer with Roughn Biskhapra was found effective statistically in relieving symptoms of Waja uz zahar. So the study provides good evidence in support of the efficacy of Dalk Moatadil Kaseer with Roughn Biskhapra in low back pain.
- Ibn Sina Abu Ali, Al Qanoon (Urdu translation by Ghulam Hasnain Kantoori) (2013). New Delhi: IdaraKitabush Shifa, YNM, 165-206, 373-375, 1117-1129
- Hoy D, Brooks P, Blyth F and Buchbinder R, The epidemiology of Low back pain, best practice andresearch clinical rheumatology, Elsevier; 24, 769-781.
- Punnet L, Pruss-Ustin A, Nelson DI, Fingerhut MA,Leigh J, Tak S and Phillips S, Estimating the global burden of low back pain attributable to combined occupational exposures, American Journal of Industrial Medicine; 48(6), 459-69.
- Kabeeruddin M., Kulliyate Nafisi and Tarjuma Wa Sharah, , (2015). Vol. 1st. New Delhi: Idarae KitabusShifa, Darya Ganj., 415-427.
- Arzani A. and Akseer Quloob (Urdu translation-Mufarah Quloob), , New Delhi (2013). CCRUM, YNM, 540-542
- Ghani N. and Khazainul Advia, , (2013). New Delhi, Idara Kitabus Shifa; YNM, 231-676, 1005-1053
- Souhami RL and Moxham J, , (2004). Text book of medicine. 4th ed. China: Elsevier Limited; 1185-1191
- Holey EA and Cook EM, , (1998). Therapeutic massage.India: W.B. Saunders, 1-5
- Cherkin DC, Eisenberg D, Sherman KJ, Barlow W, Kaptchuk TJ and Deyo RA, Randomized trial comparing traditional Chinese medical acupuncture, the rapeutic massage and self care education for chronic low back pain, Arch Intern Med; 161:1081-1088.
- H-Reif M, Field T, Krasnegor J and Theakston H, Lower back pain is reduced and range of motionincreased after massage therapy, International Journal ofNeuro sciences, 106(3), 131-145
- Preyde M, Effectiveness of massage therapy for subacute low back pain, Randomized controlled trial, (2000) CMAJ, 162(13), 1815-20
- Cherkin DC, Sherman KJ, Kahn J, Wellman R, Cook AJ and Johnson E et al, A comparison of the effects of 2 types of massage and usual care on chronic low back pain, (2011). , Ann intern med., 155, 1-9
- Cherkin DC, Sherman KJ, Kahn J, Erro JH, Deyo RA and Haneuse SJ et al, Effectiveness of focused structural massage and relaxation massage for chronic low back pain: Protocol for a randomized controlled trial, 10, 96
- Tanaka TH, Leisman G, Mori H and Nishijo K , The effect of massage on localized lumbar muscle fatigue, BMC complementary and alternative medicine, 2, 9