Sized biased migration model
- 1Department of Mathematics & Statistics, D.D.U Gorakhpur University, Gorakhpur, India
Res. J. Mathematical & Statistical Sci., Volume 5, Issue (8), Pages 7-9, August,12 (2017)
The population migration and its effects on social economic and cultural aspect has recently occupied a considerable place in social science research. In the present paper we have developed a Probability model for the Human migration pattern. The parameters of the proposed model estimated by MLE estimation technique. The validity of our model checked through observed set of migration data.
- Stark O. (1984)., Migration decision making: De Jong, Gordon F. and Robert W. Gardner, eds., Pergamon, New York, 1981., Journal of Development Economics, 14, 251-259.
- Pandey A., Pandey H. and kumar Shukla Vivek (2015)., An Inflated Probability Model On Rural Out-Migration., Journal of Computer and Mathematical Sciences, 6(12), 702-711.
- Firebaugh G. (1979)., Structural Determinants of Urbanization in Asia and Latin America, 1950-1970., American Sociological Review 44(2), 199-215.
- Sharma H.L. (1987)., A Probability Distribution for Rural Out-migration., Janasamkhya, A Journal of Demography, 5(2), 95-101.
- Sharma L. (1984)., A Study of the Pattern of Out-migration from Rural Areas., Unpublished Ph.D. Thesis in Statistics, Banaras Hindu University, Varanasi, India.
- Singh S.N., Yadava R.C. and Sharma H.L. (1985)., A Model for Rural Out-migration of Household level., Janasamkhya, 3(1-2), 1-7