Projection of age specific death rate and life expectancy of Uttar Pradesh (India) using MCMC technique in Bayesian procedure
- 1Department of Statistics, Udai Pratap Autonomous College, Varanasi, India
- 2Department of Statistics, Udai Pratap Autonomous College, Varanasi, India
- 3Department of Statistics, Udai Pratap Autonomous College, Varanasi, India
Res. J. Mathematical & Statistical Sci., Volume 5, Issue (6), Pages 1-8, June,12 (2017)
In this paper we have projected the Life expectancy and Age Specific Death Rate of Uttar Pradesh using Monte Carlo Marcov chain technique in Bayesian procedure. Parameters are estimated in 95% confidence interval in Bayesian framework. Non-informative prior distribution has been used by us for running the model.
- Congdon P. (2007)., Bayesian Statistical Modeling., , John Wiley & Sons, Chichester, U.K.
- Dyson T. (2004)., India’s Population-The Future., in T. Dyson R. Cassen and L. Visaria, Eds., Twenty-First Century India: Population, Economy, Human Development, and the Environment. Press, Oxford, 74-10.
- Gelman A., Carlin J.B., Stern H.S. and Rubin D.B. (2003)., Bayesian Data Analysis., , Second Edition, Champman and Hall/CRC.
- Gilks W.R. Richardson S. and Spiegelhalter D.J. Eds. (1995)., Markov chain Monte Carlo in Practice., Champman and Hall, London, U.K.
- Gill J. (2002)., Bayesian Methods: A Social and Behavioral Sciences Approach., Champman and Hall/CRC.
- Pandey Rahul G.S. and Singh O.P. (2012)., Population Projection of Indian using MCMC Technique in Bayesian Theory (2011-2051)., published by LAP LAMBERT Academic Publishing, Germany.
- Pandey Rahul G.S. and Singh O.P. (2007)., Population Projection Of India Using MCMC Technique: A WinBUGS Implementation., Demography India, New Delhi, India, 36(1), 145-154.
- Rahul Singh G.P. and Singh O.P. (2009)., Population Projection of Kerala Using Bayesian Methodology., Asian Journal of Applied Sciences, 2(4), (2009), 402-413.
- Registrar General of India (2006)., Population Projection for India and States 2001-2026., Office of the Registrar General & Census Commissioner, India.
- Spiegelhalter D. J., Thomas A., Best N.G., Lunn D. and Gilks W.R. (1996)., BUGS: Bayesian inference Using Gibbs Sampling., Version 0.5. MRC Biostatistics Unit, Cambridge.