Study of Marriage Migration and Distance
- 1Department of Statistics, Udai Pratap Autonomous College, Varanasi, Uttar Pradesh, India
Res. J. Mathematical & Statistical Sci., Volume 4, Issue (6), Pages 11-17, July,12 (2016)
Nature of marriage migration varies depending on social rules associated with marriage. It is more or less a universal tradition for brides to shift to husbandís home after wedding. Migration of men in India usually occurs for work, whereas life time migration is universal among women because of marriage. The main aim of this paper is to test the suitability of a polynomial model on Indian data, collected from the Hindu dominated rural areas at different times i.e. in 1978 and 2002 and 2015.
- Hugo G.J. (1991)., Rural-urban migration, economic development and social change: Some important issue., paper presented in the workshop on the urbanization and urban poor, Institute of Development Studies, Dhaka, Bangladesh, 27-29.
- Yadava K.N.S., Hossain M.Z. and Islam Sabina (1998)., Distribution of distance associated with marriage migration in rural areas of Bangladesh., , The Bangladesh Journal of Scientific Research, 16(2).
- Singh Brijesh P., Singh Niraj K. and Roy Tapan K. (2014)., On the Pattern of Migration in the Household: An Explanation through Binomial Law., International Journal of Statistics and Systems, 9, 2.
- Singh Brijesh P., Singh Niraj K. and Dixit Shweta (2015)., Estimation of Parameters of Inflated Poisson-Lindley Distribution for Adult Out Migration., Journal of Institute of science & Technology, 20(2).
- Hossain M.Z. (2000)., Some demographic models and their application with special reference to Bangladesh., , unpublished Ph.D. thesis, Banaras Hindu University, India.
- Morril R.L. and Pitts F.R. (1967)., Marriage, migration and the mean information field., Annals of Association of American Geographers, 57.
- Rahaman M.M., Akter S. and Rahaman A. (2010)., Distance associated with marriage migration in a northern and southern region of Bangladesh: An empirical study., Journal of Biosocial Science, 42(5), 577-86.
- Islam Md. Rafiqul (2008)., Marriage migration associated with distance in Bangladesh: An application of polynomial model., Middle East Journal of Family Medicine, 6(6).
- Srivastava Soni (2002)., Some mathematical models in demography and their application., unpublished Ph.D. thesis in Statistics, Banaras Hindu University, India.
- Libbee M.J. and Sopher D.E. (1975)., Marriage and migration in rural India., People on Move: Studies on International Migration (ed. Kosinski, L. A. and Prothero, R. M.), London, Methuen and Company.
- Sharma L. (1984)., A study of the pattern of out-migration from rural areas., , unpublished Ph.D. thesis, Banaras Hindu University, India.
- Yadava K.N.S. and Yadava G.S. (1988)., On some probability models and their applications to the distribution of the number of migrants from a household., , Janasankhya, 6(2).
- Singh Niraj K. and Singh Brijesh P. (2015)., Study of Distance Associated with Marriage Migration., , International Journal of Mathematics and Computer Application Research, 5(4).
- Singh Vipul Kant (2011)., Some aspects of migration and their application., , unpublished Ph.D. thesis in Statistics, Banaras Hindu University, India.