Investigating Impact of Steady Magnetic Field on Plant Development
- 1Physics Department, Baburaoji Gholap College, Sangvi, Pune (SPPU), MS, India
- 2Physics Department, Baburaoji Gholap College, Sangvi, Pune (SPPU), MS, India
- 3Physics Department, Baburaoji Gholap College, Sangvi, Pune (SPPU), MS, India
- 4Physics Department, Baburaoji Gholap College, Sangvi, Pune (SPPU), MS, India
Res. J. Material Sci., Volume 4, Issue (4), Pages 1-3, May,16 (2016)
Present study was planned to observe the consequence of steady magnetic field on development of plant especially germination and changes in shoot and root lengths. Wheat seeds (Triticum spp.) of type Lokvan were used for the investigation. The research work was carried in four ways. One group of wheat seeds was grown in absence of magnetic field (controlled condition). The other three groups were grown in presence of stress of 50 mT magnetic field for time of 15, 30, 45 minutes respectively. Plant development parameters such as seeds germinated, root length and shoot length were recorded. The results obtained indicated that magnetic field has a noteworthy impact on plant augmentation. In presence of the magnetic field, seed germination had increased. It has been observed that and these plants nurture more and better when seeds were treated by magnetic field.
- Edward Fu (2012)., The effects of magnetic fields on plant growth and health, Young Scientists Journal, 11, 38-42.
- Fischer G., M. Kock and D. Grill (2004)., Effect of Weak 16 HZ Magnetic Fields on Growth Parameters of Young Sunflower and Wheat Seedlings., Bioelectromagnetics. 25(8), 638-641.
- Fetan Dhawi, Jameel M. Al-Khayri and Essam Hassan (2009)., Static Magnetic Field Influence on Elements Composition in Date Palm (Phoenix dactylifera L.), Research Journal of Agriculture and Biological Sciences, 5(2),161-166.
- Rostami zadeh E., Majd A. and Arbabian S (2014)., Effects of electromagnetic fields on seed germination in Urtica dioica L, Int. Jr. of Scientific and Technological Research, 3(4), 365-368.
- Abdul R.H. Subber, Reyad Ch. Abul Hail, Waleed A. Jabail and Hussain F. Hussein. (2012)., Effects of magnetic field on the growth development of zea mays seeds, J. Nat. Prod. Plant Resour 2(3), 456-459.
- Florez M. Martinez Elvira and Victoria Carbonell. (2014)., Germination and initial growth of triticale seeds under stationary magnetic treatment, Bioelectromagnetics, 6(3), 474–484.