Mediating role of consumer perception in sales promotion towards apparel brands
- 1Department of Business Administration, Sindh University Campus, Larkana, Pakistan
- 2Department of Business Administration, Sindh University Campus, Larkana, Pakistan
- 3Faculty of Nursing, Benazir Institute of Nursing and Community, Health Services, SMBBMU, Larkana, Pakistan
- 4Faculty of Management Sciences, SZABIST Larkana Campus, Larkana, Pakistan
Int. Res. J. Social Sci., Volume 8, Issue (4), Pages 22-29, October,14 (2019)
Doctor′s job seem more skewed towards their profession rather than more social. Its general belief that they spend their maximum time to hospital, teaching, practicing or clinics. They hardly spare time towards sales promotion or advertisement or apparel brands. In connection with this, this study aims to investigate the impact of sales promotions on brand image with a mediating effect of consumer perception of Doctors. The study adds in previous literature where the impact of price deals and perceived quality was noted on brand equity in relation to brand knowledge and brand associations for general consumers. A survey questionnaire was distributed among doctors who are working in four different Medical Universities of Sindh. SPSS-21employed to tests the hypotheses. The findings supported the fact that sales promotions have positive impact on brand image whereas the consumer perception found a significant positive mediator. The study can be beneficial for marketing managers of relevant products.
- Alvarez B., Rodolfo A. and Casielles V. (2005)., Consumer evaluations of sales promotion: the effect on brand choice., European Journal of Marketing, 39, 54-70.
- Yuan R., Liu M., Luo J. and Yen D. (2016)., Reciprocal transfer of Brand identity and image associations arising from higher education Brand extensions., Journal of Business Research, 3069-3076.
- Kotler P., Rackham N. and Krishnaswamy S. (2006)., Ending the war betweeen Sales and Marketing., Harvard Business Review, 68-78.
- Zoellner F. and Schaefers T. (2015)., The Impact of Different Price-Promotion Types On Sales and Brand Perception., Journal of Advertising Research.
- Barreda A.A., Bilgihan A., Nusair K. and Okumus F. (2016)., Online branding: Development of hotel branding through interactivity theory., Tourism Management, 57, 180-192.
- Peattie S. and Peattie K. (2003)., Sales Promotion., The Marketing Book, 458-483.
- Aghekyan-Simonian M., Forsythe S., Kwon W. and Chattaraman V. (2012)., The role of product brand image and online store image on perceived risks and online purchase intentions for apparel., Journal of Retailing and Consumer Services, 325-331.
- Hilman H., Hanaysha J.R. and Ghani N.H.A. (2017)., Analyzing the relationship between advertising and sales promotion with brand equity., Asian International Journal of Social Sciences, 17(2), 88-103.
- Rehman F.U., Bin Md Yusoff R., Bin Mohamed Zabri S. and Binti Ismail F. (2017)., Determinants of personal factors in influencing the buying behavior of consumers in sales promotion: a case of fashion industry., Young Consumers, 18(4), 408-424.
- Chattopadhyay T., Dutta R.N. and Sivani S. (2010)., Media mix elements affecting brand equity: A study of the Indian passenger car market., IIMB Management Review, 22(4), 173-185.
- Blattberg R. and Neslin S. (1990)., Sales Promotion:Concepts, Methods, and Strategies., New Jersey: Prentice Hall Inc.
- Grewal D., Krishnan R., Baker J. and Borin N. (1998)., The effect of store name, brand name and price discounts on consumers, Journal of retailing, 74(3), 331-352.
- Balle, L. (2016)., What Is the Role of the Consumer in Marketing?., bizfluent. Retrieved April 1, 2018, from https://bizfluent.com/info-7816502-role-consumer-marketing.html 2016, September 26
- Williams Y. (2018)., What is perception in psychology?., Retrieved from www.study.com: https://study.com/academy/lesson/what-is-perception-in-psychology-definition-theory-quiz.html.
- Chakraborty U. and Bhat S. (2018)., Credibility of online reviews and its impact on brand image., Management Research Review, 41(1), 148-164.
- Hazée S., Van Vaerenbergh Y. and Armirotto V. (2017)., Co-creating service recovery after service failure: The role of brand equity., Journal of Business Research, 74, 101-109.
- Aranda E., Gómez M. and Molina A. (2015)., Consumers′ Brand images of wines: differences between two leading spanish denominations of origin., British Food Journal, 2057-2077.
- Lee T.S., Leung C.S. and Zhang Z.M. (2000)., Fashion brand image marketing: Brand image and brand personality., Research Journal of Textile and Apparel, 4(2), 60-67.
- Schultz D.E. and Peltier J. (2013)., Social media, Journal of research in interactive marketing, 7(2), 86-99.
- E. Schultz D. and P. Block M. (2014)., Sales promotion influencing consumer brand preferences/purchases., Journal of Consumer Marketing, 31(3), 212-217.
- Rungtrakulchai R. (2018)., The relationship between price deals, perceived quality and brand equity for a high involvement product., AU Journal of Management, 36-45.
- Moin S., Baig S., Iqbal A., Aziz Q. and Hussain M. (2017)., Impact of promotional mix on customer based brand equity: Mediating effect of brand image a case study of beverage industry in Pakistan., Int. J. Adv. Multidiscip. Res, 4(11), 18-27.
- Thimothy S. (2016)., Why Brand Image Matters More Than You Think., (F. A. Council, Interviewer) 2016, October 31.
- Trinh G., Dunn S. and Bogomolova S. (2012)., Prevalence and Nature of Price Promotions in UK Supermarkets., Working Paper.
- Poundstone W. (2009)., Priceless: The Myth of Fair Value (and How to Take Advantage of it)., Hill and Wang New York.
- Das G. (2014)., Linkages of retailer personality, perceived quality and purchase intention with retailer loyalty: A study of Indian non-food retailing., Journal of Retailing and Consumer Services, 21(3), 407-414.
- Erdil T.S. (2015)., Effects of customer brand perceptions on store image and purchase intention: An application in apparel clothing., Procedia-Social and Behavioral Sciences, 207, 196-205.