Quality of work life – evidence from auto-component industry in India
- 1Department of Industrial Engineering and Management, JSS campus, JSS Academy of Technical Education, Uttarahalli-Kengeri Road, Bangalore - 560060, Karnataka, India
- 2Department of Industrial Engineering and Management, JSS campus, JSS Academy of Technical Education, Uttarahalli-Kengeri Road, Bangalore - 560060, Karnataka, India
- 3Department of Industrial Engineering and Management, JSS campus, JSS Academy of Technical Education, Uttarahalli-Kengeri Road, Bangalore - 560060, Karnataka, India
Int. Res. J. Social Sci., Volume 8, Issue (4), Pages 1-10, October,14 (2019)
Recently the study on Quality of Work Life (QWL) has gained attention of many researchers. It is a well-known fact that employees are main asset for an organization. One of the major challenges for an organization in these competitive business environments is to attract and retain skilled and talented workforce. The present study attempts to critically analyze the level of QWL of employees in auto component industries in India. The data was collected using a survey instrument and it was analyzed using descriptive and inferential statistical methods. The research revealed that educational qualification, designation and salary paid were not significantly associated with QWL. Further it was found that majority of employees were highly satisfied with the organizational culture and relationship and co-operation component.
- Robbins S.P. (1998)., Organizational Behavior: Concepts, Controversies, and Applications., Prentice-Hall, Englewood Cliffs, NJ.
- Rethinam G.S. and Ismail M. (2008)., Constructs Of Quality Of Work Life: A Perspective Of Information Technology Professionals., European journal of social sciences, 1.
- Taylor J.C., Cooper C.L. and Mumford E. (1979)., The Quality of Working Life in Western and Eastern Europe., ABP.
- Hackman J.R. (1980)., Work redesign and motivation., Professional Psychology, 11(3), 445.
- Mirvis P.H. and Lawler III E.E. (1984)., Accounting for the quality of work life., Journal of Organizational Behavior, 5(3), 197-212.
- Cunningham J.B. and Eberle T. (1990)., A Guide to Job Enrichment and Redesign., Personnel (AMA), 67(2), 56-61.
- Bertrand W.S. (1992)., Designing quality into work life., Quality Progress, 25(6), 29-33.
- Normala D. (2010)., Investigating the relationship between quality of work life and organizational commitment amongst employees in Malaysian firms., International journal of business and management, 5(10), 75.
- Kenny B. and Reedy E. (2006)., The Impact of Organisational Culture Factors on Innovation Levels in SMEs: An Empirical Investigation., Irish Journal of Management, 27(2).
- Anwar Abdellah Mejbel, Mahmoud Khalid Almsafir, Rusinah Siron and Ahmad Salih Mheidi Alnaser (2013)., “The Drivers of Quality of Working Life (QWL): A Critical Review”3., Australian Journal of Basic and Applied Sciences, 7(10), 398-405
- Saraji G.N. and Dargahi H. (2006)., Study of quality of work life (QWL). Iranian journal of public health, 35(4), 8-14., undefined
- Chitraa D. and Mahalakshmi V. (2012)., A Study on Employees′ Perception on Quality of Work Life and Job Satisfaction in manufacturing organization–an Empirical study., International Journal of Trade and Commerce, 1(2), 175-184.
- Pani D. (2015)., A Study on Quality of Work Life with Special Reference to Private Engineering College Teachers in the District of Rayagada., Journal of Management and Science, 5(3), 81-90..
- Nair G.S. (2013)., A Study on the effect of Quality of Work Life (Qwl) on organisational Citizenship Behaviour (OCB)-With Special reference to College Teachers is Thrissur District, Kerala., Integral Review: A Journal of Management, 6(1).
- Varghese S. and Jayan C. (2013)., Quality of work life: A dynamic multidimensional construct at work place–part II., Guru Journal of Behavioral and Social Sciences, 1(2), 91-104.
- Tabassum A., Rahman T. and Jahan K. (2011)., A comparative analysis of quality of work life among the employees of local private and foreign commercial banks in Bangladesh., World Journal of Social Sciences, 1(1), 17-33.
- Pothigaimalai P.V., Buvaneswari R. and Sudha K. (2014)., A study on human resource planning with special reference to ARR Products Ltd., at Kumbakonam., International Journal of Advanced Research in Management and Social Sciences, 3(7), 181-190.
- Jayakumar A. and Kalaiselvi K. (2012)., Quality of work life-an overview., International Journal of Marketing, Financial Services and Management Research, 1(10), 140-151.
- Hans A., Mubeen S.A., Mishra N. and Al-Badi A.H.H. (2015)., A Study on Occupational Stress and Quality of Work Life (QWL) in Private Colleges of Oman (Muscat)., Global Business and Management Research, 7(3).
- Subhashini S. and Gopal C.R. (2013)., Quality of work life among women employees working in garment factories in coimbatore district., Asia pacific journal of research, 1.
- Yadav R.K. and Dabhade N. (2014)., Work life balance and job satisfaction among the working women of banking and education sector-A comparative study., International Letters of Social and Humanistic Sciences, 21, 181-201.
- Indumathy R. (2012)., A study on quality of work life among workers with special reference to textile industry in Tirupur district-A textile hub., Journal of Contemporary Management Research, 6(1), 78.
- Kannaiah D. and Sasikumar G. (2014)., Quality of work life of employee in small scale industries., Asian journal of business management (ISSN: 2321-2802), 2(04), 107-134.
- Kanten P. (2014)., Effect of quality of work life (qwl) on proactive and prosocial organizational behaviors: a research on health sector employees., Suleyman Demirel University Journal of Faculty of Economics and Administrative Sciences, 19(1).
- Nayak T. and Sahoo C.K. (2015)., Quality of work life and organizational performance: The mediating role of employee commitment., Journal of Health Management, 17(3), 263-273.
- Jerome S. (2013)., A study on quality of work life of employees at Jeppiaar Cement Private Ltd: Perambalur., International Journal, 1(4).
- Rao T., Arora R.S. and Vashisht A.K. (2013)., Quality of Work Life: A Study of Jammu University Teachers., Journal of Strategic Human Resource Management, 2(1), 20.
- Jain Y. and Thomas R. (2016)., A study on quality of work life among the employees of a leading pharmaceuticals limited company of Vadodara district., IJAR, 2(5), 926-934.
- Verma D.S. and Doharey A.K. (2016)., A study to identify the factors affecting the quality of work life in small scale industries., Imperial J. Interdisciplinary Res, 2(6), 45-56.
- Patro C.S. (2015)., A Study on the Impact of Faculty QWL on Quality of Education in Academic Institutions., International Journal of Knowledge Society Research (IJKSR), 6(1), 1-16.
- Velayudhan T.M. and Yameni M.D. (2017)., Quality of Work Life–A Study., In IOP Conference Series: Materials Science and Engineering (Vol. 197, No. 1, p. 012057). IOP Publishing.
- Saklani D.R. (2004)., Quality of work life in the Indian context: An empirical investigation., Decision (0304-0941), 31(2).
- Jerome S. (2013)., A study on quality of work life of employees at Jeppiaar Cement Private Ltd: Perambalur., International Journal of Advance Research in Computer Science and Management Studies, 1(4), 49-57.
- Srinivas R. and Swamy D. (2013)., Quality Management Practices In Rural And Urban SMEs–A Comparative Study., International Journal for Quality Research, 7(4), 479-492.
- Bolhari A., Rezaeean A., Bolhari J., Bairamzadeh S. and Soltan A.A. (2011)., The relationship between quality of work life and demographic characteristics of information technology staffs.,
- Usha S. and Rohini V. (2018)., Impact of Quality of Work Life on Work Outcome of Employees in Automobile Companies in Chennai., International Journal of Pure and Applied Mathematics, 118(20), 787-799.