A study on Trend of IPOs Market in India
- 1MATS University, Raipur, CG, India
Int. Res. J. Social Sci., Volume 7, Issue (6), Pages 34-37, June,14 (2018)
The new issue market deals with those which have been made available to the public for the first time. The stock exchanges in India serve not only the private sector, but also the joint and public sectors, by providing a forum for free transferability of shares held by the public. In the primary capital Market corporate can raise recourses through public issue right issue and private placement. Average capital mobilisation from the primary market increased in manifold in recent decades. New Economic policy bring a revolutionary boost in Indian Financial Market, about Rs. 4,312 crore capital formed during FY 1990-91. It received a further boost during the 1990s with the capital raised by non-government public companies. There is a preference for raising recourses in the primary market through private placement and debt instruments. Private placement accounted for about 91% of total recourses mobilised through domestic issues by corporate sector. Due to inherent advantage of private placement route, this market is quite popular in some developed economies like USA, Canada, UK, France etc. In 2017 companies raised highest ever fund through Indian financial Market. This study is focused on growth and trend in new issue market in recent decades.
- ZucchiKristina CFA (2018)., Financial markets: Capital vs. Money Markets., 2 Jan 2018.
- Kumar Gudipati Rajendra (2017)., Understanding resources mobilisation through Capital Market., The Hans India, 10 January 2018.
- 10 biggest IPOs in Indian history (2018), http://www. finnovationz.com/ top-10-indian-ipos- 16 January 2018., undefined, undefined
- Dhaval S. (2017)., Growth and Development of new issue market., http://www.businessmanagementideas.com/ financial-management/financial-markets/growth-and-development-of-new-issue-market/4146Januarary 18 2018
- Menon Shailesh (2017)., how 2017 became blockbuster year of IPOS., https://economictimes.indiatimes.com/ markets/ipos/ fpos/how-2017-became-a-blockbuster-year-of-ipos/articleshow/62059632.cms- 12 January 2018
- Stock news, latest stocks news - Live updates of stock market (2017). https://economictimes.indiatimes.com/markets/ stocks/ news/etmarkets-after-hours-50-stocks-, undefined, undefined
- Prime (2018)., Indian primary capital Market., www.primedatabase.com – 16 January 2018
- Bhalla V.K. (1982)., Investment Management., 16th Edition, S. Chand & Company Limited, 48-60. ISBN: 81-219-1248-2
- Chandra Prasana (2008)., Investment Analysis and Portfolio Management., Tata McGraw Hill Education Private Lomited, New Delhi, 1-26. ISBN:13: 978-07-024907-3, ISBN:10:0-07-024907-5.
- Kothari C.K. (2008)., Reserch Methodology, New Age., International Private Limited, Publishers, New Delhi, 32-54. ISBN:10:81-224-1522-9, ISBN:13:978-81-224-1522-3
- Shah A., Thomas S. and Gorham M. (2008)., Indian Financial Markets: An Insider, Elsevier Science, 52-55, ISBN 9780123742513.
- Chakarabati Rajesh (2010)., SAGE Response., 50-250. ISBN-10: 8132105001, ISBN-13: 978-8132105008