Environmental attitude study of secondary school students of Gwalior region, India
- 1Shri Radha Vallabh College of Education, Gwalior, MP, India
Int. Res. J. Social Sci., Volume 7, Issue (1), Pages 22-23, January,14 (2018)
This study was conducted to compare the level of environmental attitude among secondary school students of rural and urban area of Gwalior region of Madhya Pradesh (India). Attitude data of 800 students comprising of rural and urban category schools was collected according to the ‘Environmental Attitude Scale’ developed by Dr. NN Srivastava and Ku. Shashi Prabha Dubey. The results revealed that urban area students have more positively biased attitude towards the environment then rural area students. Further, the girls were observed to be having higher environmental attitude level than that of boys.
- Bazerman Max H., Messick David M., Tenbrunsel A.E. and Wade-Benzoni K.A. (1997)., Environment, Ethics and Behavior., The New Laxington Press, San Francisco, 122-144.
- Sharma R.A. (2015). Environmental Education, R Lall Book Depot, New Delhi., undefined, undefined
- Badoni Ashok Kr. (2017)., Comparative Study of Ecological Attitude of Rural and Urban Senior Secondary School Students of District Tehri and Pauri of Uttarakhand., International Education and Research Journal, 3(3), 57-58.
- Shivakumar G.S. and Vamadevappa H.V. (2012)., Environmental Concern among the Secondary School Students., Journal of Biological Chemistry, 1(10).
- Srivastava N.N. and Dubey Ku. Shashi Prabha (2007)., Environmental Attitude Scale., Arohi Manovigyan Kendra, Jabalpur.
- Verma Lokesh and Sharma N.R. (1989)., Advanced Statistics in Education and Psychology., PG Dept of Education, Univ of Jammu, Narendera Publishing House, Jalandhar.
- Bhardwaj A. and Behal A. (2011)., A study of environmental awareness and attitude among college students of Delhi., International Educational E-Journal, 1(1), 55-63.