Study quality of life and its dimensions among Ardabil university students and related factors
- 1Ardabil University of medical science, Ardabil, Iran
- 2Ardabil University of medical science, Ardabil, Iran
- 3Ardabil University of medical science, Ardabil, Iran
- 4Ardabil University of medical science, Ardabil, Iran
- 5Ardabil University of medical science, Ardabil, Iran
- 6Ardabil University of medical science, Ardabil, Iran
- 7Ardabil University of medical science, Ardabil, Iran
Int. Res. J. Social Sci., Volume 6, Issue (2), Pages 1-4, February,14 (2017)
The aim of this study was to assess the quality of life (QOL) and its related factors among Ardabil university students. This is a cross-sectional study that has been conducted in May 2015 on a sample of 153 university students which selected randomly from all universities in Ardabil city. The questionnaire SF-36 was used to assess the QOL and its dimensions among students which its reliability and validity was checked before. The relationships between QOL and the related factors including gender, academic year level, marital status, worry about the future, age and their knowledge about study fields were examined using statistical tests in SPSS.16. The p<0.05 was set as significant level. 8.4% of students were single, 88.9% had an interest in their field of study and 40% had concern about their job prospects. Female students, marriage students and students with age up 25 had higher QOL than other students. The relation between gender, age, marriage, concern about job prospects and interest to the field of study with QOL was statistically significant. The total score of QOL in students was in moderate level and we should plan interventional studies in future for raising their QOL.
- Nejati V., Ahmadi K., Sharifian M. and Shoaee F. (2012)., Comparing quality of life dimension in different age decades: prediction for aging., J. Fasa .Univ .Med. Sci., 1(4), 227-232.
- Harirchi M., Rasouli A., Montazeri A. and Eghlima M. (2004)., Compare the level of QOL: Patients treated with dialysis and renal transplant recipients., Payesh., 3(2), 117-121.
- Testa M.A. and Simonson D.C. (1996)., Assessment of Quality of-Life Outcomes., N. Engl. J. Med., 334, 835-840.
- Pasdar Y., Eizadi N., Safari R. (2013)., Effective Factors on The Quality of Life in Female Students of Kermanshah University of Medical Sciences., S.J.I.M.U., 21(6), 33-41.
- Cynthia R.K. (1998)., Overview of quality of life and controversial issues., Sudbury: Jones and Bartlett Press, PP 23-30. ISBN-13: 978-0763749439.
- Rezaei-Adaryani M., Azadi A. and Ahmadi F.A. (2007)., Comparison of depression, anxiety, stress and quality of life in dormitories students of Tarbiat Modares university., Iranian. Journal. of. Nursing. Research., 2(4-5), 31-8. (Full text in Persian)
- Esfandyari G.H. (1999)., Survey the stressor factors in Kordestan medical sciences university students and it relation with general health., Journal. Of. Teb and Tazkiyeh., 57-63. (Full text in Persian)
- Vaez M., Kristenson M. and Laflamme L. (2004)., Perceived quality of life and self-rated health among firstyear university students: A comparison with their working peers., Social. Indicators. Research., 68, 221–234.
- Stewart-Brown S.J.J., Evans J. and Patterson S. (2000)., The health of students in institutes of higher education: An important and neglected public health problem?., Journal. Of. Public. Health. Medicine., 22, 492–9.
- Philip H. (2003)., The mental health of students in higher education., Council. Report., 12, 465-9.
- Yildirim Y., Kilic S.P. and Akyol A.D. (2013)., Relationship between life satisfaction and quality of life in Turkish nursing school students., Nurs. Health. Sci., 10, 75-82.
- Soltani R., Kafee S., Salehi I., Karashki H. and Rezaee S. (2010)., Survey the Quality of Life in Guilan University Students., J.of.Guilan.University.Medical.science., 19(75), 25-35.
- Makvandi S. and Zamani M. (2011)., The survey of quality of life and its dimensions in Islamic Azad University Ahvaz branch students in 2010. Jentashapir., Journal. Of. Health. research, 2(4), 191-200.
- Rose B. and Monae M. (2003)., Health related quality of life in urban elementary school children., Pediatrics, 111(6), 1372-81.
- Salehi T. and Dehghan-nayyeri N. (2011)., Relationship between anxiety and quality of life in students living in dormitories of Tehran University of Medical Sciences., Payesh,10(2), 175-81. (full text in Persian)