Northeast India's engagement with Myanmar and its impact on India's "Act East" Policy
- 1Department of Political Science, Manipur University, Canchipur-795003, India
Int. Res. J. Social Sci., Volume 6, Issue (12), Pages 16-19, December,14 (2017)
This paper is an attempt to analyze the relationship between Northeast India and Myanmar and its impact on India's "Act East "Policy. The paper studies the various aspects of engagement between Northeast India and Myanmar. The paper also analyses the prospects and challenges in the relationship between the two and suggest suitable answers to the problem. The paper argues that better connectivity and engagement between Northeast India and Myanmar is crucial for the success of the Act East Policy. The paper also stipulates that development of Northeast India is crucial for better India-Myanmar relations and also for the Act East Policy to take off.
- Dr. Alam and Mohammed Badrul (2017)., Revisiting India-Myanmar Relations and the Way Forward., Indian Defence Review, 31 January 2017, URL:http://www.indiandefenc ereview.com/revisiting-india-myanmar-relations-and-the-way-forward/, accessed on 9/5/2017
- Chand Manish, Ministry of External Affairs and Government of India (2014)., India's Enhanced Look East Policy Takes Wing., August 07,2014, URL:http://www.mea.gov.in/in-focus-article.htm?23855/Indias+Enhanced+Look+East+policy+takes+wing, accessed on 9/13/2017
- De shyamaprasad (2013)., Engaging with Myanmar: Critical Reflection on India's Foreign Policy., Vidyasagar University Journal of History, 1, 2012-13. URL:http://inet.vidyasagar.ac.in:8080/jspui/handle/123456789/1236, accessed on 9/5/2017
- Gupta Arvind (2012)., Myanmar's Critical Role in Bolstering India's Look East Policy., Institute for Defence Studies and Analyses, February 02,2012, URL: http://www.idsa.in/idsacomments/MyanmarsCriticalRoleinBolsteringIndiasLookEastPolicy_agupta_020212, accessed on 9/5/2017
- Crossing the Indo-Myanmar Border: Fear, Cooperation and Mistrust in 'Act East' Policy, India - Myanmar Relations, Looking from the Border, Conference Report, 28-29 September 2015, New Delhi, India, 10-18, undefined, undefined
- Pandalai Shruti (2011)., China Entices Myanmar as India Struggles to 'Look East'., Institute for Defence Studies and Analyses, April 11, 2011 , URL: http://www.idsa.in/idsacomments/ChinaEnticesMyanmarasIndiaStrugglestoLookEast_spandalai_110411, accessed on 9/5/2017
- India's Look East - Act East Policy: A Bridge to the Asian Neighbourhood, International Relations Conference 2014, Symbiosis Institute of International Studies, Symbiosis International University., undefined, undefined
- Lall M.C. (2008)., India-Myanmar Relations - Geopolitics and Energy in Light of the New Balance of Power in Asia., ISAS Working Paper, 29.
- Singh, Yogendra (2007)., India's Myanmar Policy - A Dilemma Between Realism and Idealism., IPCS Special Report, 37,
- Rajendram Danielle (2014)., India's New Asia-Pacific Strategy : Modi Acts East., Lowy Institute for International Policy.
- Singh Tridivesh (2015)., Why India Needs to "Act" East, East Asia Forum., 2 April, 2015, URL: http://www.eastasiaforum.org/2015/04/11/why-india-needs-to-act-east/, accessed on 9/5/2017
- Das Gurudas and Thomas Joshua C. (2016)., Look East to Act East Policy : Implications for India's Northeast., Routledge India, ISBN 978-1138667563
- Singh Kishan Thingnam (2009)., Look East Policy and India's North East: Polemics and Perspectives., Concept Piblishing Company (p) Ltd, 2009, ISBN 978-8180694486
- Kaul Manmohini and Chakraborty Anushree (2016)., India' s Look East to Act East Policy: Tracking the Opportunities and Challenges in the Indo-Pacific., Pentagon Press, ISBN 978-81-8274-847-7