Life, living and the struggles in Plakkathadam, a disconnected tribal colony in Idukki – a case study
- 1Research and Post Graduate Department of Commerce, Marian College Kuttikkanam
- 2Research and Post Graduate Department of Commerce, Marian College Kuttikkanam
Int. Res. J. Social Sci., Volume 6, Issue (1), Pages 36-41, January,14 (2017)
India is a country of villages and large number of tribal communities. Mahatma Gandhi dreamt about the self sufficiency of the villages through the concept of Gram Swaraj. But in India we see the growing tendency of urbanization alienating the real inhabitants of the country Hence it is worthwhile to have look at the situation of the Indian villages especially the tribal community their needs and requirements throwing up light and ways for their development.
- Baiju K.C. (2011)., Tribal development under decentralized Governance in Kerala:Issue and Challenges., JOAAG, 6(1), www.ijsrp.org.
- Haseena V.A. and Ajims P. Mohammed (2014)., Scope of education and dropout among tribal students in Kerala- A study of scheduled tribals in Attappady., 4(1).
- Thookuzhy J.J. (2015)., Mission Plakathadam 2015., Primary Survey Report.