Little darling of the evening: their lifestyles, experiences, causes, modus operandi, transactions and performances
- 1Nueva Ecija University of Science and Technology, Cabanatuan City, Nueva Ecija, Philippines
Int. Res. J. Social Sci., Volume 6, Issue (1), Pages 1-6, January,14 (2017)
Prostitution flourished elsewhere for money or for whatever reasons. It is considered illegal and immoral in the country. This study aims to determine the different lifestyles, experiences, causes, modus operandi, transactions, performances and effects of relationships of the respondents. Qualitative research through case study approach was utilized. Ten respondents were used during the information gathering having the following criteria: not having more than 16 years of age, who engaged in prostitution. Cabanatuan City, Philippines was the locale of the study. Prior consent was established before the study was conducted. The data gathered were statistically treated using frequency count, percentage, and weighted mean. Survey questionnaires, interviews, observations and focus group discussion were the instruments used. Results revealed that different lifestyles, varied causes, modus operandi, transactions, and performances lure their customers. Poverty, being abandoned, sexual trauma, revenge, hopelessness and curiosity were the causes of the problem. Body languages, seductive movements and using pimps were their styles to entice their customers.
- Wikipedia (2016)., Revised Penal Code, Article 202 Sec.5., http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Human_trafficking_ in_the_Philippines.
- Philippine Commission on women (2016)., Revised Penal Code Article 341 (White slave trade) http://www.pcw.gov.ph/wpla/anti-prostitution, undefined
- Matt (2010)., a brief history of prostitution., http://blog.lib.umn.edu/puot0002/3004/2010/04/a-brief-history-of-prostitution.html
- Palash Ghosh (2013)., South Korea: A Thriving Sex Industry In A Powerful, Wealthy Super-State., http://www.ibtimes.com/south-korea-thriving-sex-industry-powerful-wealthy-super-state-1222647
- Luiz M. and Roets L. (2011)., Women and AIDS in Nigeria., http://exploringafrica.pbworks.com/w/page/48058212/Prostitution%20in%20Africa.www.africanafrican.com/folder12/.../Kinyanjui-PhD-TR07-82.pdf
- Otesanya (2012)., Don M. Gottfredson library of Crimnal Justice gray literature database., http://njlaw.rutgers.edu/cj/gray/countryinfo.php?country=South%20Africa.
- Flores W.L. (2005)., A closer look at the Philippines & 146; sex industry., http://www.philstar.com/business-life/301102/closer-look-philippines%C2%92-sex-industry
- Rough Guides (2016)., destinations asia Philippines travel-essentials prostitution-sex-tourism., http://www.rough guides.com/destinations/asia/philippines/travel-essentials/prostitution-sex-tourism/.
- B.E. Nnabugwu-Otesanya (2009)., A comparative study of prostitutes in Nigeria and Botswana., http://uir.unisa.ac.za/bitstream/handle/10500/1588/02chapter1-5.pdf?sequence=3
- Hickenbottom Iris L. and Ulrich M. (2010)., a-brief-history of prostitution, http://blog.lib.umn.edu/puot0002 /3004/2010/04/a-brief-history-of-prostitution.html