Land use Planning in Cities: Making Affordable Housing and Prosperous Cities – Case Study of Satellite Towns of Delhi (Noida and Gurgaon), India
- 1Student, Kirori Mal College, University of Delhi, India
- 2Public Policy Think Tank
Int. Res. J. Social Sci., Volume 5, Issue (3), Pages 67-73, March,14 (2016)
Land use planning is a method for sustainable, well planned and controlled growth in a region. Master plan is a draft to control the expansion and growth within a city. It is the allocation of the valuable land resource to different uses as per the population’s demand. This is achieved by various regulations called as Zoning Regulations. Land Regulations affects the price of land in a number of ways. In some cases the affect can be a direct one and in some cases it can be indirect. In the present, it is observed that land regulations invariably increases the land rate while in some cases, certain regulations tend to generate a positive effect by decreasing land value. The paper discusses about the Master Plans of the recently urbanized satellite towns of the National Capital, Noida and Gurgaon. A major part of the paper focuses on evaluating the real estate market of the towns. Both the urban centres are subjected to unprecedented growth since the last decade.
- Noida Authority Online (2014), Master Plan Noida - 2031. Details and Permissibility., Retrieved from www.noidaauthorityonline.com/MASTERPLAN2031-Detail.pdf on June 15, 2014
- Town and Country Planning (2014), Master Plan Gurgaon, Town and Country Planning Department,, Retrieved from http://tcpharyana.gov.in/ DevelopmentPlan/Gurgaon/GMUC%20DDP-2031%20AD%20(Explanatory%20Note)%2004.09.2012%20Notified.pdf on June 9, 2014
- TCP N. (2010)., Noida Authority Online., Retrieved from http://www.noidaauthorityonline.com /Noida_Building_ Regulation_English_1.pdf on June 22, 2014.
- Town and Country Planning (2012), Town and Country Planning Department, Government of Haryana., Notification Retrieved from http://tcpharyana.gov.in/DevelopmentPlan/Gurgaon/FDP-2031%20%20GMUC%2015.11.2012.pdf on June 9, 2014.
- Noida Authority Online (2014), Building Regulation, Noida, Retrieved from http://www.noidaauthorityonline.com/Buildingregulationsanddirections20-9-06English.pdf on June 8, 2014.
- High Level Task Force. (2007)., Affordable Housing for All., Ministry of Housing and Poverty Alleviation, India.
- Magic bricks (2014)., Property rates in Noida., Retrieved from Magicbricks: http://www. magicbricks.com/Property-Rates-Trends/All-Residential-rates-in-Noida
- Magic bricks (2014)., Property rates in Gurgaon., Retrieved from Magicbricks: http://www. magicbricks.com/Property-Rates-Trends/All-Residential-rates-in-Gurgaon on June 20, 2014.
- Ramachandran R. (1989)., Urbanization and Urban Systems in India, Oxford University Press, Oxford, United Kingdom
- Siddhartha K. and Mukherjee S. (2012)., Cities Urbanization and Urban Systems, Kisalaya Publications , India.
- Whitehead MEC (2007)., Planning Policies and Affordable Housing: England as a successful case study?, Housing Studies, 22(1), 25-44.
- Susilawati C. and Armitage L. (2010), Affordable Housing Solutions: Affordable Housing Providers’ Perspective., Pacific Rim Property Research Journal, 16(3), 273-290