A Study on the Relationship between Religion and Power in Antonio Negri\'s Philosophy and its Political Significance
- 1 Graduate School of Religion, Chung Yuan Christian University, Taiwan
Int. Res. J. Social Sci., Volume 5, Issue (10), Pages 18-24, October,14 (2016)
Existing research on the political theory of Antonio Negri mainly focuses on Empire and its sequels, or his involvement in the autonomia movement in the late 1970 in Italy. However, Negri’s other works composed during his imprisonment and later - especially those philosophical writings concerned with theology – are often overlooked. This study is an attempt to deal with the relationship between religion or theology and power in Negri’s works, and to investigate the compatibility and contradiction between his perspective and Christian theology.
- Negri A. and Timothy S. Murphy. (2004)., Subversive Spinoza., Manchester University Press, New York, 7-12, ISBN: 978-07-19066-47-4.
- Michael Hardt and Antonio Negri (2004)., Multitude: War and Democracy in the Age of Empire., Penguin Press, New York, ISBN: 978-01-43035-59-6.
- Antonio Negri (1991)., The Savage Anomaly, trans., Michael Hardt, University of Minnesota Press, Minneapolis, ISBN: 978-08-16636-70-9.
- Clayton Crockett (2011)., Radical Political Theology: Religion and politics after liberalism., Columbia University Press, New York. ISBN: 978-02-31149-83-9.
- Antonio Negri (2009)., The Labor of Job : The Biblical Text as a Parable of Human Labor, trans, trans., Matteo Mandarini, Duke University Press, Durham, ISBN: 978-08-22346-34-0.
- Roland Boer (2009)., Negri, Job and the Bible., The Labor of Job, Duke University Press, Durham, 109-128, ISBN: 978-08-22346-34-0.
- James E. Harding. (2012)., Review of Antonio Negri The Labor of Job., The Bible and Critical Theory, 8(1), 106-109.
- Adam Kotsko (2012)., Gutiérrez and Negri on Job: Between Theology and Materialism., The Bible and Critical Theory, 8(1), 110-114.
- Daniel C. Barber and Anthony P. Smith (2010)., Too Poor for Measure: Working with Negri on Poverty and Fabulation., Journal for Cultural and Religious Theory, 10(3), 1-15.
- Roland Boer (2011)., Criticism of Theology: On Marxism and Theology III., Brill, Leiden, ISBN: 978-90-04189-74-4.
- Antonio Negri and Anne Dufourmantelle (2004)., Negri on Negri: in conversation with Anne Dufourmentelle., Trans. Malcolm De Bevoise, Routledge, New York, ISBN: 978-04-15968-95-9.
- Antonio Negri and Gabriele Fadini (2008)., Materialism and Theology: A Conversation., Trans. Creston Davis & Gabriele Fadini, Rethinking Marxism, 20(4), 665-672.
- Antonio Negri (2003)., Time for Revolution., trans. Matteo Mandarini, Continuum, New York. ISBN: 978-08-26473-28-8.
- Michael Hardt and Antonio Negri (2008)., Afterword., Bruce Ellis Benson & Peter Goodwin Heltzel eds., Evangelicals and Empire, Brazos, Grand Rapids, 307-314, ISBN: 978-15-87432-35-4.
- Antonio Negri (2005)., The Political Subject and Absolute Immanence., Creston Davis et al. eds., Theology and the Political, Duke University Press, Durham, 231-239, ISBN: 978-08-22334-72-9.
- Mark Lewis Taylor (2008)., Empire and Transcendence: Hardt and Negri’s Challenge to Theology and Ethics., Bruce Ellis Benson & Peter Goodwin Heltzel eds., Evangelicals and Empire, Brazos, Grand Rapids, 201-217, ISBN: 978-15-87432-35-4.
- Mario Costa, Catherine Keller and Anna Mercedes (2008)., Love in Times of Empire: The politics Today., Bruce Ellis Benson & Peter Goodwin Heltzel eds., Evangelicals and Empire, Brazos, Grand Rapids, 291-306, ISBN: 978-15-87432-35-4.
- Jeffrey W. Robbins (2011)., Radical Democracy and Political Theology., Columbia University Press, New York, ISBN: 978-0231156370.
- Michael Hardt and Antonio Negri (2000)., Empire., Harvard University Press, Cambridge, MA, ISBN: 978-06-74006-71-3