The Role of Social Worker in Community Development
- 1Dept. of Social Work Rani Channamma University P.G. Center, Vijayapur Karnataka State, India
Int. Res. J. Social Sci., Volume 5, Issue (10), Pages 61-63, October,14 (2016)
Every members of the community desire to stay safe, healthy and wealthy in all manners. To enjoy all amenities of the society one who need to have a vibrant economic status as well as excellent public services. Social services and social work have important role in helping the people to improve the quality of life by creating awareness and sustain the community by creating employment opportunities on their own effort. Present paper is an essential contribution to understand the role of social worker in community development (CD). Effective social work services promote independence and resilience, enabling some of our most vulnerable sections of the community. Present effort is to know the role of social worker in the process of community development.
- PEER NTBC (2016)., What is community development?., Peer NetBC http://www.peernetbc.com/what-is-community -development 13.8.2016-3.33pm.
- Dhavaleshwar C.U. and Umesh T. (2012)., Socio Economic Status of Prostitutes and Intervention of Social work.\", Thematics Journal of Social Sciences, 1(4), 102-105.
- Talwar Upamesh k. (2013)., Community organisation as a Method of Social Work., http://www.grin.com/en/e-book/212517/community-organization-as-a-method-of- social-work 13.9.2016-3.33pm.
- CUD. (2014)., People’s Participation in Gram Sabha and Rural Development A Study., International Journal of Research in Commerce and Management,, 5(1), 44-46.
- Dhavaleshwar C.U. and B.C.C. (2012)., Women’s participation in Panchayat raj institution of Belgaum district in karnataka state., ’Political Empowerment of Women in India-Challenges and Strategies’, 1, 10.