Emotional Intelligence of Pupil Teachers in Relation to their Well Being
- 1Department of Education, Aligarh Muslim University, Aligarh, U.P INDIA
Int. Res. J. Social Sci., Volume 5, Issue (1), Pages 20-23, January,14 (2016)
The present study is an attempt to assess the level of Emotional Intelligence and Well being of pupil teachers. For the purpose of conducting the study, sample comprising 120 pupil teachers (B Ed students) was selected from the department of Education of Aligarh Muslim University and two private colleges in Aligarh. Standardized tools were administered to draw information. Statistical analysis of the data was done using Mean, SD and t test and it was observed that male and female pupil teachers were similar in their Emotional Intelligence but difference exists in relation to wellbeing. The study further brought into light that Emotional Intelligence has positive and significant relationship with overall Well-being of pupil teachers.
- oleman D. (1998)., Working With Emotional Intelligence, .New York. Bantam Books.
- Salovey P. and Mayer J.D., Emotional Intelligence. Imagination, and Personality, 9, 185-211. retrieved 23 10 2015 from http://ei.yale.edu/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/pub153_SaloveyMayerICP1990_OCR.pdf .
- Archer J., Probert B.S and Gage L. (1987)., College studentsí Attitude toward Wellness., Journal of College Students Personnel. 28(4), 311-317.
- Indu H. (2009)., Emotional Intelligence of secondary teacher trainees., Edutracks,8(9), 34-36.
- Shakya A. (2009)., A study of teaching effectiveness of prospective teachers in relation to their Emotional Intelligence., Unpublished M.Ed. dissertation of Agra University.
- Singaravelu S. (2011)., Emotional Intelligence of student teachers at primary level in Puducherry region. Unpublished Doctoral thesis., New Delhi, Jamia Millia Islamia University.
- Latha M. (2012)., Emotional Intelligence among prospective teachers., International Multidisciplinary e-Journal, 1(5) 66-69, retrieved 12 07 2015 from www.shreeprakashan.com
- Manju N.D. (2014)., Emotional Intelligence of B Ed student teachers., International Journal of Education and Psychological Research, 3(4), retrieved 11 10 2015from http://ijepr.org/doc/V3_Is4_Dec14/ij11.pdf.
- Mundase Gaur V.S. (2015)., An analytical study of emotional intelligence in trainee teachers., Indian streams researchjournal, 5(7).
- Ahamad E. (2015)., Study of Emotional intelligence among pupil teachers in relation to gender and religion., International Journal of Applied Research, 1(9), 400-403.
- Kaur R. (2013)., Study of Well-being among Teacher Educators., International Journal of Education, 2, retrieved 28 9 2015 fromhttp://ijoe.vidyapublications.com/Issues/Vol2/PDF/pdf.
- Tali D.B. (2010)., Impact of Well being on Prospective Teachers in relation to their Learning decision making styles., Edutracks, 9(11), 27-30.
- Kaur H. (2007)., A Study of Well-being and Stress among University Students., Unpublished M.Ed. Dissertation, Punjabi University,Patiala.
- AggarwalC. (2004)., A Study of Psychological Well being of teachertrainees in relation to Personality, Hardiness., Unpublished M. Ed Dissertation. Chandigarh; Panjab University.
- Zainuddin and Ahmed (2008)., Roqan Emotional Intelligence Test., Agra: National Psychological Corporation.
- Sandhu J.S. and Gupta A. (2001)., Well being scale., Recent Researches in Educationand Psychology,6(3-4).