Motivating Factors for taking up of Entrepreneurial Activities by the Rural Women
- 1 Department of Agricultural Extension, Acharya N.G Ranga Agricultural University, Hyderabad-30, INDIA
Int. Res. J. Social Sci., Volume 4, Issue (2), Pages 17-19, February,14 (2015)
Women still lagging behind to establish and run the enterprises on their own in a country like India. They need support from public, private, NGO and other agencies. The women have to be empowered to take up entrepreneurial activities to register their path of progress and prosperity in the country. The present study focuses on analysing the motivating factors for taking up of entrepreneurial activities by the rural women. The highlighted that majority of the women entrepreneurs had medium level of entrepreneurial and non-entrepreneurial decision independence, high level of economic independence, medium level of need for power, low level of need for affiliation and high level of need for achievement.
- Dechant K. and Al-Lamky A., Towards an understanding of Arab women entrepreneurs in Bahrain and Oman, Journal of Developmental Entrepreneurship,10(2), 123–40 (2005)
- Naser K., Mohammed W.R. and Nuseibeh R., Factors that affect women entrepreneurs: Evidence from emerging economy, International Journal of Organizational Analysis. 17(3), 247, (2009)
- McElwee G. and Al-Riyami R., Women entrepreneurs in Oman; some barriers to success, Career Development International, 8(7), 339–346, (2003)
- Padmavathi D., Training women for entrepreneurship,Social welfare, 49(2), 15-18, (2002)