A study on misconception of using brackets in arithmetic expression
- 1CWTT, College Approved of B.Ed. Department, Gobardanga Hindu College, City- Gobardanga, P.O.-Khantura, Dist- North 24 Parganas, India
Int. Res. J. Social Sci., Volume 10, Issue (3), Pages 40-42, July,14 (2021)
The present study focused on the lack of knowledge of the double use of brackets in arithmetic expressions and the difficulty in the operatively of expression for mathematics application at the school level. Learning the other rules and formulas of mathematics involves learning the use of a bracket. Binding is useful in both arithmetic and algebra if the bracket is not used properly, the value of the mathematical result is completely changed. The concept of this bracket is inserted into the students while learning school-based mathematics. So at the beginning of the bracket learning process, school-based textbooks, curriculum and teachers are of great importance. The methodology of the proposed study is based on document-based analysis. This study employed including studying international and national journals, library consultation, expert opinion, online journals, periodical, newspapers and documents. Finally, the researcher suggested the importance, precaution, and effectiveness of using brackets in arithmetic.
- National Centre for Educational Research and Training (2006)., Position paper of the National Focus Group on the Teaching of Mathematics., Retrieved from www.ncert.nic.in/html/pdf/schoolcurriculum/position papers/math.pdf.
- Das, K. (2019)., Pedagogical approaches in mathematics: Indian perspectives and practices., International Journal of All Research Writings. 1(3), 16-21.
- Das, Kaushik (2019)., Role of ICT for Better Mathematics Teaching., Shanlax International Journal of Education, 7(4), 19-28. DOI:https://doi.org/10.34293/education.v7i4. 641
- Das, Kaushik. (2019)., Job Satisfaction among Educators According to Their Socio-Economic Status in the Government Aided and Private B.Ed. Colleges in West Bengal., Shanlax International Journal of Arts, Science and Humanities, 7(2), 11–16. DOI: https://doi.org/10. 34293/ sijash.v7i2.663
- Casey, J., McLaughlin, T. F., Weber, K. P. & Everson, M. (2003)., The effects of five minute practice, unlimited practice, with SAFMED cards on correct and error rate in math facts for two elementary school children with learning disabilities., International Journal of Special Education, 18, 66–73.
- Haring, N. G., Lovitt, T. C., Eaton, M.D. and Hansen, C. L. (Eds.). (1978)., The fourth R: Research in the classroom. Columbus, OH: Merrill.,
- Goldman, S., Pellegrino, J. and Mertz, D. (1988)., Extended practice of basic addition facts: Strategy changes in learning disabled students., Cognition and Instruction, 5, 223–265.
- MacGregor, M. and Stacey, K. (1997)., Students, Educational Studies in Mathematics, 33(1), 1-19.
- Falkner, K. P., Levi, L. and Carpenter, T. P. (1999)., Children, Teaching Children Mathematics, 6(4), 232-236.
- Ginsberg, H. P. (1996)., Toby, In R. J. Sternberg and T. Ben-Zeev (Eds.). The nature of mathematical thinking, Hillsdale, NJ: Lawrence Erlbaum Associates. 175-202.
- Vygotsky, L. S. (1978)., Mind in society: The development of higher psychological processes., Cambridge, MA: Harvard University Press.
- Das. K and Chowdhury. R. (2019)., Analytical Study on Practice Teaching of B.Ed. Students in B.Ed. Department, Gobardanga Hindu College, under WBSU in India., International Journal of Scientific Research and Reviews. 8(2), 3882-3898.
- Paul, R. and Das, K. (2019)., Integration of Mathematics Teaching Concept Through Fine Arts of Two Year B.Ed. Programme In West Bengal: An overview., Book, Blossom books, Kol-700050; ISBN: 978-81-934724-1-5. 233-236.
- Awtry, T. and Kirshner, D. (1994)., Visual salience in algebraic transformations. Proceedings of the XVI Annual Conference for the Psychology of Mathematics Education., North American Chapter, Louisiana State University, USA, 1, 131-137.
- Das, K., Roy, D. and Biswas, P. (2019)., SWOT Analysis of Teacher Educators in B.Ed. Department under West Bengal State University in West Bengal, India., Research Review International Journal of Multidisciplinary. 04(06).
- Das, K., Mondal, R., Chowdhury, R., Boral, D., & Paul, R. (2019)., Applications of mathematical knowledge in history, geography, fine-arts & physical education subjects in two-year B. Ed. program: Indian context., Journal of Emerging Technology and Innovative Research, 6(6), 8-15.
- Das, K. (2019)., Lack of mathematical knowledge in two-year B.Ed. Programme: Indian Context., Research Journal of Educational Sciences. 7(3), 1-3.
- Gallardo, A., Avanzados and E.D.I.D.C. (1995)., Negative numbers in the teaching of arithmetic repercussions in elementary algebra., The Ohio State University, Columbus, Ohio, U.S.A. ERIC Clearinghouse for Science, Mathematics, and Environmental Education. 1; 181-186.