Validation of omeprazole from pharmaceutical dosages by non-aqueous potentiometric titration method
- 1Department of Chemistry, D.G. Ruparel College Mahim, Mumbai-400016, India
Res. J. of Pharmaceutical Sci., Volume 8, Issue (1), Pages 1-4, June,30 (2019)
A validation method of omeprazole was developed by non-aqueous potentiometric titration method from API and dosages. The titration technique has developed with 0.1 N perchloric acid which was standardized by potassium hydrogen phthalate. The precise study was found with % Relative Standard Deviation which is less than one where no of observations were six. The method was observed with linearity and Correlation Coefficient as r2 > 0.9999 for 100 mg of drug substance weight in 20% to 100%. The recovery in percentage of omeprazole was observed with 99.90 to 100.27%. The method has ruggedness in variety of conditions like different batches of reagents and titrators of different manufactures.
- Nataraj K.S., Duza M.B., Pragallapati K. and Kumar D.K. (2012)., Development and validation of RP-HPLC method for the estimation of omeprazole in bulk and capsule dosage forms., International Current Pharmaceutical Journal, 1(11), 366-369.
- Malik T.A., Chauhdry A.H., Shafiq M.A. and Akhtar M.S. (2012)., A Simple HPLC Method for the Determination of Omeprazole In Vitro., International Journal of Pharmaceutical Chemistry, 2(4), 126-128.
- Gopalakrishnan S., Jothy K. and Dhanalakshmi K. (2012)., Analytical method development and validation of HPLC method for the determination of omeprazole in capsule dosage form., Elixir Appl. Chem., 52, 11283-11286.
- Pujeri S.S., Khader M.A. and Seetharamappa J. (2012)., Development and Validation of LC Method for the Assay of omeprazole Enantiomers in Pharmaceutical Formulations., Der Pharmacia Lettre., 4(1), 76-86.
- Trivedi H.K. and Patel M.C. (2010)., Development and Validation of a Precise single HPLC Method for Determination of Omeprazole and its related compound in pharmaceutical formulation., Int J Chem Tech Research, 2, 1355-1367.
- Rele R.V. and Tiwatane P.P. (2018)., Reverse Phase High Performance Liquid Chromatography for Method Development Validation of Omeprazole in Bulk and Pharmaceutical Dosage Form., Asian Journal of Research in Chemistry, 11(2), 275-278.
- Bhandage A., Bhosale A., Kasture A. and Godse V.P. (2009)., Extractive spectrophotometric determination of omeprazole in pharmaceutical preparations., Tropical Journal of Pharmaceutical Research, 8(5), 449-454.
- Rele Rajan V. (2016)., Validation of Paliperidone by Non-Aqueous Potentiometric Titration Method For Quantitative Determination From Active Pharmaceutical Ingredient and Formulation., Research Journal of Pharmaceutical sciences, 5(4), 1-4.
- Rele Rajan Vinayak and Tiwatane Prathamesh P. (2016)., A Validated Non-Aqueous Potentiometric Titration Method For Quantitative Determination of Alprazolam From Pharmaceutical Preparation., Asian J. Research Chem., 9(11), 603-606.
- Rele Rajan V. and Sawant Swapnil A. (2013)., A Validated Non-Aqueous Potentiometric Titration Method For Quantitative Determination Of Fexofenadine From Pharmaceutical Preparation., Journal of Chemical and Pharmaceutical Research, 5(4), 286-289.
- Rele Rajan V. (2016)., A Validated Non-Aqueous Potentiometric Titration Method For Quantitative Determination of Candesartan cilexetil From Pharmaceutical Preparation., International Journal of Chemical. Sciences., 14(4), 2696-2702.
- Rele Rajan V. and Rane Dattaprasad G. (2017)., A Validated Non-Aqueous Potentiometric Titration Method For Quantitative Determination Of Clopidogrel bisulphate From Pharmaceutical Preparation., Asian journal of research in chemistry, 10(1), 26-28.