Impact of efficient labour management on construction project delivery in Nigeria
- 1Department of Estate Management & Valuation, Federal Polytechnic Bida, Niger State
Res. J. Management Sci., Volume 8, Issue (3), Pages 19-21, September,6 (2019)
This work examines the influence of labour management in construction industries of Nigeria with a view to achieving affordable investments, low rate in delay of contract and value for money. The high rate poor project delivery in construction industry in Nigeria, which at times is as a result of inefficient labour management needed for the project and component labour management tools to arrest the ugly trend of project failures is having serious effects on the economic growth of the country. The study was therefore guided by some research questions, which it sought to answer using a well structure questionnaire distributed to respondents. It was therefore recommended that relevant and professionally qualified contractors should be involved in projects to ensure that there is strict work programme, proper work amongst others.
- Andawei M.M. (2001)., Application of Network-based Techniques in the Cost Control and Management of Construction Work., The surveying, 4(37), 24-27.
- Fagbenle O.I. (1997)., The Use of Large Unskilled Labour Force for Non-Traditional Residential Projects in Nigeria., Unpublished M.Sc Thesis,Obafemi Awolowo Univeristy, Ile-Ife, Nigeria.
- Ruch W.A. (2008)., Productivity Measurement., London, Arizona Business.
- Anderson R. (1994)., Atlas of the American Economy: An Illustrated Guide to Industries and Trends., Washington: Congressional Quarterly.
- Parker N.A., Lema N.M. and Mligwa O. (1986)., An Analysis of Labour Productivity in Tanzania., University of Dares Salam and National Construction Council.
- Barry S.E. (1998)., U.S Industry and Trade Outlook., Newyork: DRJ/McGraw Hill.
- Jablonski M. (1998)., Productivity Measures: Business Sector and Major Subsectors., www.bls.gov/opub/hom/ pdf/homch 10.pdf. accessed 02/02/2014 (6 August 2018)
- Harris F. and McCaffer (1979)., Modern Management Theory., Wiley Publishers, NY.
- Anyanwu C. and Ebiringa T. (2003)., Management Theory and Practice., Owerri: Jones publishers
- Butler T. (2001)., Elements of Administration for Building Students., Newyork: Macmillian.
- Oladapo M.A. (1995)., Construction Project Management-An Overview., Paper Presented at the Seminar on Construction Project Management and Development, London, Arizona Business
- Emiowelle S.E. (1995)., Labour Productivity and Economic Development: Address Presented at the Seminar on Project Mnagement and National Development., Department of Project Management Technology, Federal University of Technology, Owerri. 2nd -3rd November.
- Andrew S. (2001)., Productivity Trends in the Construction Sector in Canada., International Productivity Monitor, 4, 54-67.
- Spinner M. (1981)., Elements of Project Management., First edition, London Prentice-Hill lnc.