The incidence and nature of clothing preference in adolescent girls: personality correlation
- 1Bhilai Mahila Mahavidyalaya, Durg, (CG)-491001, India
- 2Govt. D.B.P.G. College, Raipur, (CG)-492001, India
Res. J. Management Sci., Volume 6, Issue (9), Pages 1-5, September,6 (2017)
This study investigated the influence of personality traits on clothing preference of adolescent girls in the district of Bhilai City. The research questions and hypotheses were tested at 95% confidence interval to guide the conduct of the study. The sample for the study consisted of 100 students (adolescent girls) from three graduate colleges from Bhilai City district. The instrument adopted for the study was HSPQ standardized questionnaire. This was validated by expert in the field of measurement and evaluation; the reliability was established using the test re-test method and the reliability coefficient and the reliability indices for all fourteen personality factors were obtained respectively. The data collected were analyzed using the mean (x) and standard deviation (SD) to answer the research question. Positive correlations were found for the personality traits conscientiousness, sentiments, and super ego and for the character strengths self sufficient, shy, perspective and open-mindedness. The results partly supported the hypotheses as well as extended the knowledge about what factors contribute to decision making. This analysis will be useful for the researchers, clothing traders as well as decision makers for taking informed decisions and for further study.
- Balakrishnamurthy C. and A. Christy Alphonsa (2014). Indian Journal of Applied Psychology, 51, 91-94., undefined, undefined
- Hurlock Elizabeth B. (1984)., Child Growth and Development., McGraw-Hill Book Company, 1-374, ISBN: 9780070993624
- Papalia Diane E. and Wendkos Sally Olds (2017)., Feldman Ruth Duskin-Human Development (9th Edition)., 387.
- Prince Morten (1929)., The encyclopedia of Clinical Psychology., John Wileyand Sons, 574, Online ISBN: 9781118625392
- Moody Wendy, Kinderman Peter and Sinha Pammi (2010)., An exploratory study: Relationships between trying on clothing, mood, emotion, personality and clothing preference., Journal of Fashion Marketing and Management, 14(1), 161-179.
- Balakrishnamurthy C. and Alphonsa Christy A. (2014). Indian Journal of Applied Psychology, 51, 91-94., undefined, undefined
- Mohapatra Damodar and Mohapatra Leena (2006)., Impact of family environment on Early Childhood Education., Neelkamal Publications, 21, 23.
- Greaney Vincent and Martin Michael O. (1984)., An Assessment of the HSPQ as a Measure of the Personality Structure of Irish Post-Primary School Pupils., The Irish Journal of Education/Iris Eireannach an Oideachais, 18(1), 49-62.
- Boyle G.J. (1994)., Measurement of intelligence and personality within the Cattellian psychometric model., Multivariate Experimental Clinical Research, 11(1), 47-59.
- Heirany F. (2013)., Impact of Personal Characteristics on the Academic Achievement of the accounting students of Islamic Azad University of Yazd., IJARED, 2(4), 190-199.
- Kumari B. (2014)., The correlation of Personality Traits and Academic performance., A review of literature, 19(4), 15-18.
- Ghazi S.R., Shahzada Gulap and Ullah Saif (2013)., Relationship between Studentsí Personality Traits and their Academic Achievement in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa, Pakistan., Journal of Educational and Social Research, 3(2), 437-444.