A study on factor influencing customer preference for purchasing a car with respect to Maruti Suzuki in Bhilai-Durg, India
- 1Department of Management, Bhilai institute of Technology, Durg, CG, India
Res. J. Management Sci., Volume 6, Issue (7), Pages 5-8, June,6 (2017)
The intent of the research paper is to find out the major factors which are responsible for influencing the preference of customer to purchase the car. The facilities, self esteem, performance, publicity and service orientation are the factors affecting customer preference for light motor vehicle (Maruti Suzuki) cars. The factor analysis shows that facilities, self esteem, performance, publicity and service orientation influencing the customer overall preference about light motor vehicle cars, the more factor loading is associated with the self esteem factor. Therefore, the car manufacturers should emphasize on self esteem factors which consist of comfort, style and model variants as by and of itself customers will have a superior recognition of aspect of the brand. The majority of customers prefer Maruti Suzuki brand of car in Bhilai-Durg city. There is tough competitions in the market so it is must to always studied and launch the cars according to the customer’s preference.
- Schiffman Leon G. and Kanuk Leslie Lazar (1997)., Consumer Behavior., Prentice Hall 6th edition.
- Clement Sudhakar J. and Venkatapathy R. (2005)., A Study on Automobile Purchase – Peer Influence in Decision Making., Indian Journal of Marketing, 35(6), 16.
- Subadra S., Murugesan K.M. and Ganapathi R. (2010)., Consumer perception and Behaviour: A study with special reference to Car owners in Namakkal District., APJRBM, 1(3), 37-60.
- Menon B. and Jagathy Raj V.P. (2012)., Model Development and Validation for Studying Consumer Preferences of Car Owners., International Journal of Marketing & Technology, 2(5), 148-170.
- Suganya R. (2012)., Effect of Brand Equity on Consumer Purchasing Behavior on Car: Evidence from car owners in Madurai District., Indian Journal of Applied Research, 1(4), 167-169.
- Manoharan N. and Ganapathi R. (2012)., Customer Preferences and Attitudes towards Maruti cars in Pollachi Taluka., Indian Journal of Applied Research, 1(8), 41-45.
- Prasanna Mohan Raj M., Sasikumar J. and Sriram S. (2013)., A study on customers brand preference in SUVs And MUVs: effect of marketing mix variables., International Refereed Research Journal, 4(1), 48.
- Anandh K. and Shyama Sundar K. (2014)., Factors Affecting Consumer’s Brand Preference of Small Cars., IOSR Journal of Business and Management(IOSR-JBM), 16(5). Ver. 3, 43-47.
- Rana Vishal S. and Lokhande M.A. (2015)., A Study of Consumer Preferences & Attitude towards Passenger cars of Maruti Suzuki & Hyundai Motors in Marathwada Region of Maharashtra., International Journal Of Science, Spirituality, Business And Technology (IJSSBT), 3(2), 37-42.
- Girdhar Amita, Ghalawat Suman and Kavitha C. (2015)., A study of consumer behavior considering various attributes towards purchasing a car., International Journal of Science Technology and Management, 290-299.