Teacher encouragement on emotional intelligence: a study on higher secondary students of Bhilai, CG, India
- 1BIT, Durg, Chhattisgarh, India
- 2SSSSMV, Hudco, Bhilai, Chhattisgarh, India
Res. J. Management Sci., Volume 6, Issue (6), Pages 22-31, June,6 (2017)
Teacher acquire and develop critically the knowledge, skills and emotional intelligence essential to good professional thinking, planning and practice with students. A study was conducted on different schools of Bhilai. Total 160 students from eight schools were selected by purposive random sampling with a view to investigate the study scientifically, six hypotheses were formulated. Agrawal parental encouragement seal (APES) is used for measurement of parental encouragement and for the measurement of Emotional Intelligence APRC by Dr. Sheetla Prasad is used on the basis of study. It is suggested that teacher should provide proper conductive environment for the development of child environmental intelligence. Teacher should recognize the importance of emotions of student. They should provide guidance and proper counseling service to the students for balancing their emotions in different area.
- Khanka S.S. (2007)., Human resource management., S.chand & company Ltd., 1-448, ISBN 81-219-2300-X
- Terman L.M. (1922)., A new approach to the study of genius., Psychological review, 29(4), 310-318.
- Jean Piaget (1952)., The origins of intelligence in children ., Newyork, International university press, 1-419, ISBN 978-0823682072
- Mayer J., Salovey P., Caruso D. (2004)., Emotional Intelligence: Theory, Findings and Implications., Psycological Inquiry, 15(3), 197-215.
- Goleman D. (2001)., An EI based theory of performance., The emotionally intelligent work place. How to select for ,measure and improve emotional intelligence in individuals, groups and organizations, 27-44.
- George J.M. (2000)., Emotions and leadership. Emotions and leadership: The role of emotional intelligence., Human relations, 53(8), 1027-1055.
- Goleman D. (2006)., emotional intelligence., clays ltd, Stives plc, 1-384, ISBN no.-978074752830250
- Carmeli Abraham (2003)., The relationship between emotional intelligence and work attitude behaviour and outcomes: an examination among senior managers., Journal of managerial psychology, 18(8), 788-813.
- Rossi A.S. (1968)., Transition to parenthood., J Marr and Fam, 30(1), 26-39.
- Kothari C.R. (2004)., Research methodology methods and techniques., New age international, 1-371. ISBN 9788122424881
- Amirtha M. and Kadhiravan S. (2006)., Influence of personality on the emotional intelligence of teachers., Edu.tracks, 5(12), 25-29.
- Chowdhury Aparajita (1995)., Role of parental supporting children need satisfaction and academic achievement., Journal of community guidance and research, 12(2), 129-132.
- Jain Neera (1989)., Family structure, parental behaviour and self esteem in male and female adolescents., Fifth survey of educational research, 11, 889-890