A study of customer relationship management in retail outlets at Bhopal, India
- 1Barkatullah University, Bhopal, India
- 2National Institute of Technical Teacher Training and Research Bhopal, India
Res. J. Management Sci., Volume 6, Issue (2), Pages 8-11, February,6 (2017)
In Indian economy, Retail Sector is playing a significant role in growth of industries. The major contribution of retail sector is towards employment generation and they are the largest creators of employment opportunities as globalization and privatization is taking place across the globe. Unorganized retail sectors are facing great challenges to survive and sustain in the market and even the organized retail in India is also facing a tough competition from all round the world. Bhopal consists of different income groups from various segments like rural, semi-rural, urban, upper middle and lower. This study focuses upon the practices implemented by retail outlets. Retail outlets are implementing CRM practices for establishing the customer retention management. Research shows that as customer preferences and choices are dynamic and changing frequently. It helps the sector to understand the customer needs and how frequently they visit the retail outlets. Many retailers use the CRM software packages for understanding the customer needs and purchasing behavior. Through this, a company can make a clear prediction of customerís future outcomes.
- Mathur Meera and Samma Sumbul (2010)., A Study on Customer Relationship Management Practices in Selected Organised Retail Stores in Udaipur City., Pacific Business Review - A Quarterly Refereed Journal, 1, 16-29.
- Gupta Uravashi (2012)., Impact of Organized Retail on Unorganized Sectors: A Study in Jammu Region., International Journal of Research in Commerce, IT & Management, 2(1), 112-115.
- Paul Green E., Mahajan Vijay, Stephen Goldberg M. and Kedia Pradeep K. (1983)., A Decision Support System for Developing Retail Promotional Strategy., Journal of Retailing.59(3), 116-143.
- Anupama C.R. and Prapurna Leela (2010)., Customer Relationship Management in India Retail., SRM-Management Digest, 8, 67-76.
- Parikh Darshan (2006)., Measuring Retail Service Quality: An Empirical Assessment of the Instrument., Vikalpa, 31(2), 45-56.
- Jain Rajnish and Jain Sangeeta (2006)., Towards Relational Exchange in Service Marketing: Insights from Hospitality Industry., Journal of Services Research, 5(2), 139-150.
- Raab G., Ajami R.A., Gargeya V. and Goddard G.J. (2012)., Customer Relationship Management: A Global Perspective., Gower Publishing, 1-199.