A comprehensive review on impact of various demographic and psychological attributes in investment decision making by investors
- 1Bhilai Institute of Technology, Durg, CG, India
- 2Central College of Engineering and Management, Raipur, CG, India
Res. J. Management Sci., Volume 6, Issue (11), Pages 10-15, November,6 (2017)
Indian Commodity Derivative Market has seen a remarkable boom since 2002, due to liberalization in this field. Indian commodity market has about 113 commodities that are being traded under various categories or groups of commodities. Thus has become a better place for investment. Investors in this market play a vital role. The behaviors of investors are affected by various factors and there has been a pattern in the investment in Indian Commodity Market. This review has been done to understand what are the various factors influence the decision making of the investors. Investors risk perception and information seeking behavior also has a great impact on the decision making process of investors and because of the investors draw an pattern of investing in various fields. It was found that there are various theories and models available which describes how individual investor is different from the other. To find out the significance practically there are various tests.
- Raghavendra R.H., Velmurugan P.S. and Saravanan A. (2016)., Relationship between Spot and Futures Markets of Selected Agricultural Commodities in India., An Efficiency and Causation Analysis, 5(1).
- Jeevanandham P. and Ananth A.A. (2015)., Investment Behaviour of Investors towards Commodity Market In Dindigul District, 5(1)., undefined
- Muthuswamy P.R. and Devi Rathi R. (2015)., Investors Risk Perception and Investors information Seeking Behaviour on Investment Decision., International Journal of Management Research and Reviews, 5(2), 91-100.
- Vinay H.V. and Rao G.V. (2015)., The Behavioural Biases Which Influence The Investors’ On Investment Decision., IJFRR, 3(7), 17-24.
- Sukheja Geetika Madaan (2016)., Review Paper on Behavioural Biases in Financial Decision- Making., 5(5), 60-69.
- Jain Dhiraj and Dashora Nakul (2012)., A Study On Impact of Market Movement On Investment Decision An Empirical Analysis with Respect to Investors in Udaipur, Rajasthan., Researchers World, 3(2), 78-88.
- Dhole Madhavi (2014)., Impact of Behavioural Finance on Investment Decisions through Financial Instruments-A Study of (Private Practicing Doctors) Selected Professional In Aurangabad., 4(2), 1-9.
- Kapse Sampada, Abada Sachin and Chothani Pratik (2014)., Behavioural Finance: Do Investors Think Rationally?., 4(1), 74-79.
- Sahoo Pravakar and Kumar Rajiv (2009)., Efficiency and Future Trading-Price Nexus in Indian Commodity Market., Business Review, 10(2), 187-201.
- Srivastava Vinay K. (2013)., Efficiency In Indian Commodity Market., 17(1), 105-110.
- Kaur Paramjeet, Virani Shreya and Fazalbhoy Shreya (2016)., Psychological Traits and Demographic Factors Do They Affect Investor’s Behavior?., 6(1), 46-53.
- Sharma Amlan Jyoti (2014)., The Behavioural Finance: A Challenge or Replacement to Efficient Market Concept., The SIJ Transactions on Industrial, Finance & Business Management, 2(6), 273-277.
- Dikshit Abhishek Y. and Dikshit Preeti A. (2014)., Is A Compromise In Sight? A Study Of Relationship Between Behavioural Finance and Efficient Market Hypothesis., International Journal of Marketing, Financial Services and Management Research, 3(3), 16-29.
- Chitra K. and Jayshree T. (2015)., Behavioural Factors Influencing Investors- An Underpinning on Equity Market., 3(13), 12-18.
- Jain Kanu and Wadhwa Sahaj (2013)., Behavioural Biases and Investment Process (A special refrence to Self-attribution bias and Over-Confidence Bias)., 2(3), 407-412.
- Sharma Suruchi (2016)., Information Processing, Belief Perseverance, and Emotional Biases: A Study of the Impact of Gender and Investor Sophistication Factors of Secondary Market Equity Investors in Ajmer, Jaipur, Kota, and Udaipur., The International Journal of Business & Management, 4(1), 277-284.
- Goel Shweta (2014)., Investor’s Herding Behavior and Investment Performance: An Empirical Evidence From Delhi., 2(12), 56-59.
- Singh Ajay and Sharma Rahul (2016)., Financial Literacy and its impact on Investment Behaviour for Effective Financial Planning., 6(8), 50-63.
- Das Sanjay Kanti (2012)., Retail Investor’s Attitude and Perception on Stock Selection Decision: An Empirical Analysis., Global J. of Arts & Mgmt, 2(2), 180-188.
- Pandey Vivekanand (2013)., Role Of Gender Difference In Financial Investment Decisions: A Quantitative Analysis With Special Reference To Risk Aversion And Overconfidence Approach Amongst Management Graduates In Lucknow City Of Uttar Pradesh., CLEAR International Journal of Research in Commerce & Management, 4(11), 28-33.
- Sathya S. (2015)., A Comparative Study on Equity, Commodity, Currency Derivatives in India - Evidence from Future Market with special reference to BSE Ltd, Mumbai., International Journal of scientific research and management, 3(2), 2175-2182.
- Shrikrishna K.S. and Rakesh H.M. (2014)., A Study of Retail Investors Behavior and level of Awareness about Equity Futures and Options., 2(7), 1-20.
- Rajib Prabina (2014)., Commodity Derivatives and Risk Management., PHI Learning Pvt. Ltd., New Delhi.
- Behera Chinmaya (2015)., Long Memory and Spill-over Effects of Indian Futures Markets: An Econometrics Investigation into Metal and Energy Futures., IJBQEAMR, 2(1),