Identified Factors and their Impact on Online Buying Behavior: A Review
- 1PIMR, Indore, MP, India
- 2PIMR, Indore, MP, India
Res. J. Management Sci., Volume 5, Issue (9), Pages 58-62, September,6 (2016)
With development in Information Technology and its contribution in the area of Internet, the applications of Internet are getting more popular amongst the users today. Its impact is not only restricted to just providing information to the users but with an immense development in E-commerce, now the user can perform all the commercial transactions just on one click. It has been observed that there has been substantial increase in the number of online stores and websites with shopping facility are available to the customers. These include not only the Indian players like Flipkart, Snapdeal, IRCTC and Paytm but also the global players like Amazon and EBay. In this paper, I have tried to incorporate some important researches conducted in the area of online buying which helps to understand the conceptual framework of consumers’ behaviour towards online shopping sites. These researches covering the various factors which influence the online buying, also helps to understand how the demographic variables, geographic locations and time frame affects the outcome of the study and lead to change in the trend of consumers’ expectations.
- Statistica. (2015)., Global number of worldwide internet users 2000-2014 (fee-based)., Retrieved from http://www.statista.com/:http://www.statista.com/statistics/273018/ number-of-internet-users-worldwide.
- Google Forester (2014)., 100 million online shoppers in India by 2016: Report., MINT, New Delhi, India: HT Media Ltd.
- Swaminathan V., Lepkowska White E. and Rao. B.P. (1999)., Browsers or Buyers in Cyberspace? An investigation of factors influncing electronic exchange., Journal of Computer- Mediated Communication, 5(2).
- Ranganthan C. and Ganapathy S. (2002)., Key dimensions of business-to-consumer web sites., Information and Management, 39(6), 457-465.
- Haq Z.U. (2012)., Perception Towards Online Shopping: An Empirical Study Of Indian Consumers., International Journal of Electronic Commerce, 1(9), 9-22.
- Shrivastava M.P. (2013)., A Study of Consumer Online Shopping Attitude and Behaviour Towards Jewellery., International Journal of Scientific Research in Recent Sciences, 21- 24.
- Balamurugan R.N., Sathish M. and Sathyanarayanan R.S. (2013)., Consumer Behavior towards Online Shopping: A Study with reference to Coimbatore City., TMC Academic Journal, 8(1), 43 - 53.
- Sharma R., Mehta D. and Sharma S. (2014)., Understanding Online Shopping Behaviour of Indian Shoppers., InternatIonal Journal of ManageMent and BusIness studies, 4(3), 9-18.
- Pawar S.S., More D.K. and Bhola D.S. (2014)., Factors Influence Undergraduate Students For Online Buying., International Journal oj Logistics and Supply Chain Management Perspectives © Pezzottaite Journals., 3(3), 1200-1208.
- Shanthi R. and Kannaiah D. (2015)., Consumers’ Perception on Online Shopping., Journal of Marketing and Consumer Research, 13, 14-30.
- Kayasth K.R. and Patel H.A. (2015)., Consumer Perception Towards Online Shopping In Bardoli Region., International Journal of Advanced Reseach in Engineering Science and Management, 1-6.
- Balaji P. (2015)., Online shopping behaviour of college students., International Journal of Commerce and Business Management, 8(1), 84-87.
- Jarvenpaa S.L. and Todd P.A. (1996)., Consumer Reactions to Electronic Shopping on the World Wide Web., Journal of Electronic Commerce, 59-88.
- Lowengar O. and Tractinsky N. (2001)., Differential Effects Of Product Category On Shoppers’ Selection Of Web-Based Stores: A Probabilistic Modeling Approach., Journal of Electronic Commerce Research, 2(2), 142-156.
- Li H., Kuo C. and Russell M. (1999)., The Impact of Perceived Channel Utilities, Shopping Orientations, and Demographics on the Consumer’s Online Buying Behavior., Journal of Computer-Mediate Communications, 5(2).
- Levin A.M., Weller J.A. and Levin I.P. (2005)., A Multi-Attribute Analysis Of Preferences For Online And Offline Shopping: Differences Across Products, Consumers, And Shopping Stages., Journal of Electronic Commerce Research, 6(4), 281-290.
- Alam S.S., Bakar Z., Ismail H.B. and Ahsan M.N. (2008)., Young consumers online shopping: an empirical study., Journal of Internet Business, 5, 81-98.
- Javadi M.H., Dolatabadi H., Nourbakhsh M., Poursaeedi A. and Asadollahi A. (2012)., An Analysis of Factors Affecting on Online Shopping Behavior of Consumers., International Journal of Marketing Studies, 4(5), 81-98.