Measuring the Impact of Service Quality on Customer Satisfaction – A Comparison between SBI and Axis Bank
- 1Department of Management, Bhilai Institute of Technology, Durg (CG), India
- 2Department of Management, Bhilai Institute of Technology, Durg (CG), India
- 3Department of Management, Bhilai Institute of Technology, Durg (CG), India
Res. J. Management Sci., Volume 5, Issue (8), Pages 1-8, August,6 (2016)
The developing country like India banking sector is showing a vital role in gradual development of country. The banks accept the deposits of customers and networks into Lending. Everyday new banking products are served to customers in the form of services by various banks and those aids as competition within the banks. The purpose of this paper is to compare the quality of services provided by Public sector banks and Private sector banks and to measure the customer satisfaction. To aid the process, SBI bank is selected from public sector bank and Axis Bank from private sector Bank. The comparison has been done by using 18 variables grouped under five dimensions of Servqual that is Tangibility, Reliability, Responsiveness, Assurance and Empathy.
- Berry L.L., Zeithaml V.A. and Parasuraman A. (1985)., Quality counts in services, Too., Business Horizons.
- Ananth. A, Ramesh. R and Prabaharan B. (2010)., Service quality gap analysis in private sector banks - A customers perspective., Indian journal of Commerce and Management Studies, 2(1), 245-252.
- Brahmbhatt M. and Panelia D. (2008)., An Assessment of Service Quality in Banks., Global Management Review, 2(4), 37-41.
- Hinson Robert, Mohammed Amidu and Mensah Roberta (2006)., Determinants of ghanaian bank service quality in a universal banking dispensation., Banks and Bank Systems, 1(2), 69-81.
- Jain V., Gupta S and Jain S. (2012)., Customer Perception on Service Quality in Banking Sector: With Special Reference To Indian Private Banks in Moradabad Region., International Journal of Research in Finance & Marketing, 2(2), 597-610.
- Mengi P. (2009)., Customer satisfaction with service quality: An empirical study of public and private sector banks., The IUP Journal of Management Research, 8(9), 7-17.
- Rohini R. and Mahadevappa B. (2006)., Service quality in Bangalore hospitals - An empirical study., Magazine Article, Journal of Services Research, 6(1), 59-83.
- Shekhar V and Gupta N (2008)., Customers, The Icfaian Journal of Management Research, 7(9), 68-79.
- Singh S.P. and Khurana S (2011)., Analysis of Service Quality Gap and Customers Satisfaction in Private Banks., Gurukul Business Review, 7, 13-18.
- Parasuraman A., Zeithmal V. A. and Berry L. L. (1988)., SERVQUAL: A multiple-item scale for measuring consumer perceptions of service quality., Journal of Retailing, 64, 12-40.
- Shah Minal, Guha Sanjay and Shrivastava Urvashi (2013)., A study of customer satisfaction towards service provided by employees of public banks using servqual model with reference to Durg-Bhilai region., IJMSSR, 2(8), 71-77.
- Chidambaram RM and Alamelu KMS (1996)., Services marketing: Challenges and strategies., State Bank of India Monthly Review, 35(6), 303-308.
- Government of India (1976)., Customer services in banks., Final Report by Working Group (R.K. Talwar committee) on Customer Services in Bank. Appointed by Government of India, 1976. Cited from Bahl Shweta 1999. In Services of Nationalized Banks and Customer Satisfaction, Master’s Thesis, Unpublished. Delhi: University of Delhi, Government of India, 1991, Report of the Committee on the Financial System (Chairman: Shri M. Narasimham) (New Delhi).