Factors affecting use of nudge a New marketing Tools of Modern times in Car marketing
- 1ˡPacific Academy of Higher Education and Research University, Udaipur, India
- 2²Dr. V. N. Bedekar Institute of Management Studies, Thane, India
Res. J. Management Sci., Volume 5, Issue (3), Pages 1-14, March,6 (2016)
Today’s marketing issues being that in spite thousands of new product launches every year, most product fail in market , as some are using older marketing ideas, only few succeed, and those succeeding in becoming market leaders are those with most nudges. Nudge had been used in industry knowingly or unknowingly, to study same car marketing industry was chosen. This study is a descriptive research based on secondary data and field research on car marketing in India. The main issue resolved by Nudge is that it makes the user feel importance, remove confusions in decision making, makes features appear beneficial and useful in perception. Nudges are present everywhere product we use as being a part of product and choice architecture, the world is moving from traditional marketing concepts to value and retention focused marketing due to change in market from monopolistic market to highly liberalised market. The aim of study was to find Nudges in cars features and how it adds value perception in cars marketing and analysis of factors affecting them, Indian car market also experienced this change over from monopolistic market to highly liberalised market for cars with almost all car players putting plants in India and each competing to get customers. Use of Nudge a marketing tool is gaining acceptance in field of education, sustainability, hospitality, safety and marketing.
- Thaler Richard and Sunstein Cass (2008),, Nudge: Improving decisions about health, wealth and happiness,, Volume 14, release 2, Yale university Press 293 pages. ISBN: 9780300122237
- Neelamegham S. (2004),, Marketing in India, cases and reading, case study Maruti Udyog Ltd,, pg. no. 85-124, New Delhi, and Vikas Publishing, ISBN:9789325956766
- Mullainathan S. (2009)., Solving social problems with a nudge,, video on blog www.ted.com,16/05/2014
- Eliassons J. (2012)., How to solve traffic jams,, video on blog www.ted.com,16/05/2014
- Hansen P. and Jaspersen A. (2013)., Nudge and Manipulation of choice,, EJRR Journal. www.lexxion.de/pdf.
- Ly K., Mazar N., Zhao M. and Soman D. (2013)., A practioners guide to Nudging., Rotman School of Management, University of Toronto.
- Dolan P., Hallsworth M., Halpers D., King D., Metcalfe R. and Vlaev I. (2010)., Mindspace: Influencing behaviour through public policy., Institute for Government. www.instituteforgovernment.org.u.k/publication/ mindspace
- Camilleri A. and Larrick R. (2013)., Scale and Metric design as choice architecture Tools., AMA Journal, 33(1), 108-125.
- Menon B. and Jagathyraj R. (2012)., Dominant mean percentage score factors of the consumer purchase behaviours of passenger cars., IJRIM Journal, 2(5), 13-36.
- Shende V. (2014)., Analysis of research in consumer behaviour of automobile passenger car customer., International Journal of scientific and research publication, 4(2), 1-8.
- Subadra S., Murugeshan K. and Ganpati R. (2010)., Consumers perceptions and behaviour: A study with special reference to car owners in Namakkal District., APJRBM, 1(3), 37-60. http//www.skirec.com.
- Sinaravelu K. (2011)., Consumer behaviour: A study of influences features of passenger cars in Coimbatore district., Indian streams research Journal.
- Kaul Subhashini (2010)., Experimental Marketing Myths and Realities., Viva Books. ISBN :10 : 8130914751
- Kapoor Jagdeep (2004)., Brand Switch., Jaico Books, ISBN: 81 -7224-526-2
- ACMA (2014)., acma.in/pdf, status_Industry_Auto_ Industrypdf, 2/05/2014, undefined
- History of Indian Automobile industry, www. Zigwheels.com,2/05/2014, undefined
- Nudge blog (2014)., http//nudges.org/cars,, 26/05/2014
- Auto Tech Review (2014)., Magazine, 3(5), 12-16, ISSN: 2250-3390
- Auto Tech Review (2014)., Magazine, 3(4), 60-62, 22-26, ISSN: 2250-3390
- Overdrive Magazine (2014)., The Lord of Light,, 22-24, ISSN: 0030-7394