Banking Efficiency: Literature Exposition for DEA Approach
- 1FMS, Pt. JNIBM, Vikram University, Ujjain, MP, India
- 2FMS, Pt. JNIBM, Vikram University, Ujjain, MP, India
- 3SUBIS, Barla, Raisen, MP, India
Res. J. Management Sci., Volume 5, Issue (11), Pages 41-44, November,6 (2016)
DEA is a popular perspective in dealing with of efficiency measurement specifically in context of financial sector irrespective of system the country. Everyone knows that money is the blood of economy and the flow of money is regulated by financial institutions. Their efficiency is to be measured consistently to ensure their working at the optimum level. This paper sets a systematic juncture for precise understanding of the literature available concerned with DEA in context of research works undertaken globally. This paper is composed with an aim to comprehend the DEA approach of efficiency measurement for financial institutions and to consolidate the works already bone by various researchers in the field.
- Hogue R. and Rayan I. (2012)., Data envelopment analysis of banking sector in Bangladesh., Russian Journal of Agricultural and Socio-Economic Sciences, 5(5), 17-22.
- Tahir I.M., Abu Baker N.M. and Haron S. (2009)., Evaluating efficiency of Malaysian banks using data envelopment analysis., International Journal of Business and Management, 4(8), 96‐106.
- Shanmugam K.R. and Das A. (2004)., Efficiency of Indian commercial banks during the reform period., Applied Economics, 14, 681-686.
- Lang G. and Welzel P. (1999)., Mergers among German cooperative banks: a panel-based stochastic frontier analysis., Small business economics, 13(4), 273-286.
- Sathye M. (2003)., Efficiency of Banks in Developing Economy: The Case of India., European Journal of Operational Research, 148(3), 662-671.
- Noulas A.G. and Ketkar K.W. (1996)., Technical and Scale Efficiencies in the Indian Banking Sector., International Journal of Development Banking, 14(1), 19-27.
- Berger A.N. and Humphrey D.B. (1997)., Efficiency of financial institutions: International survey and directions for future research., European Journal of operational research, 98(2), 175-212.
- Shahroudi K., Taleghani M. and Mohammadi G. (2012)., Application of two-stage DEA technique for efficiencies measuring of private insurance companies in Iran., International Journal of Applied Operational Research, 1(3), 91-104.
- Khaddaj W.W. (2010)., Evaluating banks efficiency in Syria: An empirical study using Data Envelopment Analysis., Available at SSRN 1876475.
- Ahmad W.M.A.W., Nawi M.A.A. and Aleng N.A. (2013)., Relative Efficiency Analysis Industry of Life and General Insurance in Malaysia Using Stochastic Frontier Analysis (SFA)., Applied Mathematical Sciences, 7(23), 1107-1118.