A Study of Factors Impacting Customer Based Brand Equity in Mobile Handset Market in Indore, India
- 1Prestige Institute of Management and Research, Indore, MP, India
- 2Prestige Institute of Management and Research, Indore, MP, India
Res. J. Management Sci., Volume 5, Issue (11), Pages 1-6, November,6 (2016)
In a competitive and brand conscious market like India, building brand equity of mobile phones may be a difficult task. The businesses have to assess the previous experiences and future aspirations of customers to possess these brands. In this context, our study tries to analyze the link between brand equity dimensions, overall brand equity and consumer satisfaction. The study was intended to draw the elements of brand equity affecting decision of Mobile Handset brand and affirming it through factor analysis. The information was gathered from a sample size of 196 respondents through online information accumulation instruments. The findings highlighted that the custom segments of brand equity to be specific brand association, brand image, brand loyalty, brand awareness and in addition fresher parts of brand experience and store image are contributing altogether to Brand Equity.
- Aaker D.A. (1991)., Managing Brand Equity., Free Press, New York, NY.
- Kapferer J.N. (2012)., The new strategic brand management: Advanced insights and strategic thinking., Kogan page publishers.
- Keller K.L. (2002)., Branding and brand equity., Handbook of marketing, 151.
- Huang R. and Sarigöllü E. (2014)., How brand awareness relates to market outcome, brand equity, and the marketing mix., Fashion Branding and Consumer Behaviors, 113-132, Springer New York.
- Rajaram S. and Shelly C.S. (2012)., History of Branding., International Journal of Social Sciences and Interdisciplinary Research, 1(3), 100-104, Retrieved June 7, 2016, from http://www.indianresearchjournals.com /pdf/IJSSIR/2012/March/12.pdf.
- Simon C.J. and Sullivan M.W. (1993)., The measurement and determinants of brand equity: A financial approach., Marketing science, 12(1), 28-52.
- Park C.S. and Srinivasan V. (1994)., A survey-based method for measuring and understanding brand equity and its extendibility., Journal of marketing research, 271-288.
- Agarwal M.K. and Rao V.R. (1996)., An empirical comparison of consumer-based measures of brand equity., Marketing letters, 7(3), 237-247.
- Lassar W., Mittal B. and Sharma A. (1995)., Measuring customer-based brand equity., Journal of consumer marketing, 12(4), 11-19.
- Keller K.L. (1993)., Conceptualizing, measuring, and managing customer-based brand equity., The Journal of Marketing, 1-22.
- Farquhar P.H. (1989)., Managing brand equity., Journal of Marketing Research, 1, 24-33.
- Vetrivel V., Solayappan A. and Jayakrishnan J. (2015)., Brand performance on customer based brand equity in MOBILE HANDSET market., IJAR, 1(8), 717-721.
- Washburn J.H. and Plank R.E. (2002)., Measuring brand equity: An evaluation of a consumer-based brand equity scale., Journal of Marketing Theory and Practice, 10(1), 46-62.
- Yoo B., Donthu N. and Lee S. (2000)., An examination of selected marketing mix elements and brand equity., Journal of the academy of marketing science, 28(2), 195-211.
- Kim W.G. and Kim H.B. (2004)., Measuring customer-based restaurant brand equity., Cornell Hotel and Restaurant Administration Quarterly, 45(2), 115-131.
- Mohd Yasin N., Nasser Noor M. and Mohamad O. (2007)., Does image of country-of-origin matter to brand equity?., Journal of Product and Brand Management, 16(1), 38-48.
- Aaker D.A. (1996)., Measuring brand equity across products and markets., California management review, 38(3), 102-120.
- Keller K.L. and Lehmann D.R. (2003)., How do brands create value?., Marketing Management, 12(3), 26-31.
- Yoo B. and Donthu N. (2001)., Developing and validating a multidimensional consumer-based brand equity scale., Journal of business research, 52(1), 1-14.
- Belén del Río A., Vazquez R. and Iglesias V. (2001)., The effects of brand associations on consumer response., Journal of consumer marketing, 18(5), 410-425.
- Ahmad F. and Sherwani N.U.K. (2015)., An Empirical Study on the effect of Brand Equity of Mobile Phones on Customer Satisfaction., International Journal of Marketing Studies, 7(2), 59-69.
- Beristain J.J. and Zorrilla P. (2011)., The relationship between store image and store brand equity: A conceptual framework and evidence from hypermarkets., Journal of Retailing and Consumer services, 18(6), 562-574.
- Hartman K.B. and Spiro R.L. (2005)., Recapturing store image in customer-based store equity: a construct conceptualization., Journal of Business research, 58(8), 1112-1120.
- Biel A.L. (1992)., How brand image drives brand equity., Journal of advertising research, 32(6), 6-12.
- Feldwick P. (1996)., What is brand equity anyway, and how do you measure it?., Journal of the Market Research Society, 38(2), 85-105.
- Hu L.T. and Bentler P.M. (1999)., Cutoff criteria for fit indexes in covariance structure analysis: Conventional criteria versus new alternatives., Structural equation modeling: a multidisciplinary journal, 6(1), 1-55.
- Keller K.L. (2001)., Building customer-based brand equity: A blueprint for creating strong brands., Marketing Science Institute, Working Paper Report no. 01-107.
- Lin Y.H. (2015)., Innovative brand experience, Journal of Business Research, 68(11), 2254-2259.
- Nunnally J.C. (1988)., Psychometric Theory., NJ: McGraw-Hill, Englewood-Cliffs.
- The Mahabharata (2015)., Sanskrit Epic Mahabharat., Van Parva, 3000, Shalok, 15-22.
- Arbuckle J.L. (2011)., IBM® SPSS® Amos™ 22., User’s Guide.