A study of packaged fruit juices: preference and availability
- 1IESs Management College and Research Centre, Bandra, Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
- 2IESs Management College and Research Centre, Bandra, Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Res. J. Management Sci., Volume 10, Issue (1), Pages 1-6, January,6 (2021)
India is a country of varied climates and temperatures. Summer is the most prolonged season right from sweltering hot from April to June to sultry and humid from July to September. Apart from drinking water, fruit juices provide a great respite for quenching thirst. The study was done to understand the preference and availability of packaged juices during the summer season. The study was done by reaching out to distributors, retailers and consumers. Results of the study gave insights about the buying behaviour of consumers, retailers as well as distributors. Study concluded that mango flavoured drink is the most preferred flavour for consumption and Frooti is the market leader in the category of packaged fruit juices. The results of the study will be useful for the companies during the launch of a new fruit juice in the market. This will help companies in understanding if the product has the potential to stay in a competitive fruit juice market.
- Gold Stein (2020)., GoldStein Market Intelligence., Retrieved June 6, 2020, from GoldStein Research: https://www.goldsteinresearch.com/report/india-fruit-juice-industry-market-analysis
- Wire B. (2014)., Research and Markets: Market Research Report on Packaged Fruit Juices & Drinks in India 2014-2017., Retrieved March 25, 2020, from https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20140716005461/en/Research-Markets-Market-Research-Report-Packaged-Fruit
- Reddy D.Y. (2007)., A Study on Attitudes Towards Packaged Fruit Drinks Using Exploratory Factor Analysis.,
- Kortbech-Olesen R. (1995)., Dynamic markets for fruit juices in Asia.,
- Newswire P. (2019)., Global Health Beverage Market - Analysis By type of Beverage (Bottled Water, Juices, Probiotics, Energy Drinks, Ready to Drink Tea and Coffee, Others), By Sub-Types, By Sales Channel, By Region, By Country., (2018 Edition): Forecast to 2022 .
- Singh R. (1989)., Marketing and Consumer Behaviour. Deep & Deep Publication, New Delhi, 13.,
- Sugy (1989)., Kotler, P., Marketing Management., Prentice Hall of India, New Delhi, 13.
- Murugesan P. (1990-91)., A study on consumer behaviour towards soft drinks in Madurai City., Commerce. Madurai: Madurai Kamaraj University.
- Shanmugas S. and James R. (1990)., A study on the distribution pattern of soft drinks in Chennai City., Madurai: Madurai Kamraj University.
- Prithi (1999)., A study on the distribution pattern of soft drinks in Chennai city., Department of Management Studies, The American College, Affiliated to Madurai Kamaraj University, Kamaraj, 25.
- Report S.C.S. (2020)., Non-Alcoholic Drinks Report 2020 - Juices., Retrieved August 4, 2020, from Statista Consumer Market Outlook - Segment Report: https://www.statista.com/study/48822/non-alcoholic-drinks-report-juices/