Nonlinear dynamic analysis of Moshampa Dam Spillway structure and modelling it in finite element software, taking structure soil interaction in to account
- 1Iran, Tehran, Tehran University, Iran
- 2Iran, Zanjan, Zanjan University, Iran
Res. J. Engineering Sci., Volume 9, Issue (2), Pages 1-12, May,26 (2020)
The region subjected to this study is Qezelozan river basin up where Moshampa dam is located, near Moshampa-ye-Sharqi village. The structure of the spillway is currently placed on the right axis abutment of Moshampa dam. By changing the spillway dimensions and adding to the size of the plunge pool, this study focuses on a new alternative in which the concrete structure of the flip bucket has been shortened and a concave projectile has been added to its end. After hydraulically investigating the idea of remodeling the drain system of Moshampa reservoir applying value engineering, the hydraulic function mechanism of the spillway was changed from flip bucket + stilling bas in model to projectile bucket + plunge pool one. The climatological and geotechnical characteristics of the region including the river basin, its climate, its surface geology, the resistivity and the geotechnical factors of the different kinds of soils or the alluviums existing under and around the spillway structure, the stilling basin and also the concave projectile were studied and the characteristics of the stone wall necessary for the analysis of the soil resistivity under and around the spillway were processed in a computer software .At the first step of this research, the resistivity of the soil existing around and under the spillway and the pool has been analyzed by Praxis software in both static and quasi static modes considering the loads. Next, the model has been given to Finite element analytical software, so that the structure soil interaction could be analyzed in terms of the rules and regulations and its nonlinear dynamic design would be revealed.
- Jian-hua WH, Shang-tuo QIAN, Feima (2016)., A new design of Ski-jump-step Spillway., Journal of Hydrodynamics, 28(5), 914-917.
- WU jian-Hua, LICHENG chun-zi, MA Fei, LI Tong-chun, WU wei-wei (2015)., Hydraulics of crest spillway with large unit discharge and low Froud number., Journal of Hydrodynamics, 27(2), 242-247.
- Mamok Suprapto (2015)., Increase Spillway Capacity using Labyrinth weir., Procedia Engineering, 12(54), 440-446.
- Jinchao Yue, Yongxing jiang and Hao Zhang (2015)., Seismic Behavior Analysis of Spillway Weir Section Based on ANSYS., Mechanics and Materials, 12(1), 438-439.
- H. Zou, L. Zhang, H. Wang, et al. (2006)., Seismic analysis of concrete arch dam based on ANSYS., Resources & Hydropower of Northeast China, 22(6),16-18.
- Z. Ye, L. Sun (2009)., Cantilever mode response spectrum method for seismic analysis of sluice structures., T Journal of Hohai University (Natural Sciences), 22(8), 4 437-440.
- G.H. Akbari, A. R. Hosseinnezhad, and R. Barati (2012)., Developing a model for analysis of uncertainties in prediction of floods., Journal of Advanced Research, 3, 73-79.
- H.T. Falvey (2015)., Cavitation in chutes and spillways. Water Resources Technical Publication., Engineering Monograph, 442.
- I.R. Wood (2014)., Free surface air entrainment on spillways. in Air Entrainment in Free Surface Flows., IAHR Hydraulic Structures Design Manual, 4(1).
- Léger P and Leclerc M. (2014)., Evaluation of earthquake ground motions to predict cracking response of gravity dams., Engineering Structures, 8(4).
- Calayir Y and Karaton M. (2005)., Seismic fracture analysis of concrete gravity dams including dam-reservoir interaction., Computers and Structures, 1595-1606.
- Lotfi V and Espandar R. (2004)., Seismic analysis of concrete arch dams by combined discrete crack and non-orthogonal smeared crack technique., Engineering Structures, 27-37.
- Lee, J., and Fenves, G. L. (1998)., Plastic-damage model for cyclic loading of concrete structures., Journal of Engineering Mechanics, 124(8), 892-900.
- ABAQUS Inc (2018)., ABAQUS Inc, Abaqus/CAE, (Version6.14) [Software]., Available From: www.simulia.com.
- Autodesk (2019). Auto CAD (Version 2019) [Software]., Available from : www.Autodesk.com., undefined
- Yuan, J. (1983)., Identification of the machine tool structural parameters by Dynamic Data System(DDS) and finite element method., Dissertation Abstracts International Part B: Science and Engineering, [DISS. ABST. INT. PT. B- SCI. & ENG.], 44(5).
- Bentely Systems (2016)., Plaxis (Version 8.6) [Software]., Available from: www.plaxis.com. J. Yuan,
- ASCE (2014)., Hydraulic Design of Spillways Technical engineering and design guides adapted from US Army Corps of Engineers, no (12)., New York.