Comparison of MBBR system with conventional FAB media and media prepared from waste material for domestic sewage
- 1Department of Environmental Engineering, KIT\\\'s College of Engineering, Kolhapur- 416234, India
- 2Department of Civil Engineering, KIT\\\'s College of Engineering, Kolhapur- 416234, India
Res. J. Engineering Sci., Volume 8, Issue (3), Pages 33-39, September,26 (2019)
There is a increase in a pollution of water in India. Pollution increases mainly due to the rapid urbanization. Due to water pollution health problem in human beings are occurring. There are various types waste water sources due to which clear water bodies get contaminated. One of them is domestic sewage. Therefore sewage treatment is very important factor with respect to water pollution. So here we try to design a model for domestic sewage treatment On the basis of this study, the more efficiency for reactor which is filled with bottle caps media with coir. Got more efficiency at 6 hr retention time with 60% media volume, because increase in surface area of media with addition of rubberized coir and punching the hole to bottle cap surface for bacterial growth as compared with FAB media.
- Nitrification T.F. (2000)., Technology Fact Sheet., https://www3.epa.gov/npdes/pubs/trickling_filt_nitrification.pdf(Accessed 2018-12-20)
- Khan U.M. and Khalil N. (2017)., Constructed Wetlands for Domestic Wastewater Treatment–A Promising Technology for Rural Areas in India.,
- Malakahmad A., Ishak S. and Kutty U.N.M.I.S. (2012)., Application of sequencing batch reactor (SBR) for treatment of refinery wastewater containing nickel., Water Pollution XI, 164, 403.
- Borkar R.P., Gulhane M.L. and Kotangale A.J. (2013)., Moving bed biofilm reactor–a new perspective in wastewater treatment., Journal of Environmental Science, Toxicology and Food Technology, 6(6), 15-21.
- Corcoran E. (2010)., Sick water?: the central role of wastewater management in sustainable development: a rapid response assessment., UNEP/Earthprint;.
- Ødegaard H., Rusten B. and Westrum T. (1994)., A new moving bed biofilm reactor-applications and results., Water Science and Technology, 29(10-11), 157-165.
- Bhargava A. (2016)., Physico-chemical waste water treatment technologies: an overview., Int J Sci Res Educ, 4(5), 5308-5319.
- Hasselkus W.N. (2000)., EPA WASTEWATER TECHNOLOGY FACT SHEETS: We, Proceedings of the Water Environment Federation, 2000(10), 802-822.
- Kawan J.A., Hasan H.A., Suja F., Jaafar O. and Abd-Rahman R. (2016)., A review on sewage treatment and polishing using moving bed bioreactor (Mbbr)., J. Eng. Sci. Technol, 11(8), 1098-1120.
- Jyoti J., Alka D. and Kumar S.J. (2013)., Application of membrane-bio-reactor in waste-water treatment: a review., International Journal of Chemistry and Chemical Engineering, 3(2), 115-122.
- Lariyah M.S., Mohiyaden H.A., Hayder G., Hussein A., Basri H., Sabri A.F and Noh M.N. (2016)., Application of moving bed biofilm reactor (MBBR) and integrated fixed activated sludge (IFAS) for biological river water purification system: a short review., InIOP Conference Series: Earth and Environmental Science (Vol. 32, No. 1, p. 012005). IOP Publishing.
- Khan N.A., Hussain A., Changani F. and Hussain K. (2017)., Review on SBR (sequencing batch reactor) treatments technology of industrial wastewater., REST J Emerg Trends Model Manuf, 3(4), 87-91.
- Mane S.S. and Munavalli G.R. (2012)., Sequential batch reactor-Application to wastewater–A Review., In Proceeding of International Conference SWRDM, 121-128.
- Murat S., Atesş Genceli E., Tasşli R., Artan N. and Orhon D. (2002)., Sequencing batch reactor treatment of tannery wastewater for carbon and nitrogen removal., Water science and technology, 46(9), 219-227.
- Vigneswaran S., Sundaravadivel M. and Chaudhary D.S. (2009)., Sequencing batch reactors: principles, design/operation and case studies., Waste Water Treatment Technologies, 25, 24.