Comparative non-linear analysis of bamboo concrete column and steel reinforced concrete column under axial loading using ANSYS
- 1Department of Civil Engineering, SIRTS, Bhopal, MP, India
- 2Department of Civil Engineering, SIRTS, Bhopal, MP, India
Res. J. Engineering Sci., Volume 7, Issue (7), Pages 1-4, July,26 (2018)
Bamboo is basically a grass plant and has an ability to grow in different climatic areas. Within a month its growth is complete and gets mature within 3 years. When topography and climatic condition changes species of bamboo changes. It's mechanical property such as tensile and compression strength is good. This paper represents a comparative non-linear FEM analysis of bamboo reinforced concrete column and steel RC column of similar dimension.
- Ajinkya Kaware P., Awari U.R. and Wakchaure M.R. (2013)., Review of bamboo as reinforcement material in concrete structure., International Journal of Innovative Research in Science, Engineering and Technology, 2(6), 2450-2459.
- Ahmed F.S. and Khan M.A. (2013)., Finite Element Analysis of Reinforced Concrete Column under Lateral Load., International Journal of Engineering Research and Applications, 3(4), 228-231.
- Reshma Kamath and Shilpa S. (2017)., Non Linear Buckling Analysis of RC-Sifcon Column Subjected to Lateral And Axial Loading., International Research Journal of Engineering and Technology, 4(9), 894-899.
- Dr. MD. Subhan (2017)., An investigational behaviour of RCC Core Steel Composite Column., SSRG International Journal of Civil Engineering, 4(5), 18-22.
- Pawar V.S. and Pawar P.M. (2016)., Nonlinear Analysis of Reinforced Concrete Column with ANSYS., International Research Journal of Engineering and Technology (IRJET), 2290-2296.
- Prabu N. and Kandasmy S. (2015)., Study on Behavior of RCC Beam Column Joint With Special Confinement Subjected To Static Loading Numerical Investigation., International Journal of Innovative Research in Engineering & Management, 3(1), 186-190.
- Ananya John, Unni Kartha G. and S. Usha (2014)., Analytical Study on Stress-Strain Behaviour of Reinforced Concrete Column., International Journal of Civil Engineering and Technology, 5(12), 45-55.
- Shah Darshika k., Vakil Merool D. and Patel M.N. (2014)., Behaviour of Concrete Filled Steel Tube Column., International Journal of Engineering Development and Research, 2(1), 325-328.
- Patil S.S., Konapure C.G. and Manekari S.S. (2013)., A Study of RCC Beam Column Junction Subjected To Quasi-Static (Monotonic) Loading., IOSR Journal of Mechanical and Civil Engineering (IOSR-JMCE), 6, 61-74.
- Dahmani L., Khennane A. and Kaci S. (2010)., Crack identification in reinforced concrete beams using ANSYS software., Strength of materials, 42(2), 232-240.
- Lotfy E.M. (2013)., Nonlinear analysis of reinforced concrete columns with holes., International Journal of Civil and Structural Engineering, 3(3), 655-668.
- Lotfy E.M. (2011)., Nonlinear analysis of Reinforced Concrete Columns with Fiber Reinforced Polymer Bars., International Journal of Civil and Structural Engineering, 1 (4), 707-722.