Estimation of capacity and PCU value for heterogeneous traffic stream
- 1Department of Civil Engineering, JIT, Borawan, Khargone, MP, India
- 2Department of Civil Engineering, JIT, Borawan, Khargone, MP, India
- 3Department of Civil Engineering, JIT, Borawan, Khargone, MP, India
Res. J. Engineering Sci., Volume 7, Issue (4), Pages 1-9, April,26 (2018)
Passenger car units are used to represent the effects of varying mixed vehicle types on traffic stream. The traffic volume information about roads which is important for, design and planning analysis for that roadway system. Traffic on congested highways is of the mixed nature to assess the different types of vehicles on highways. This study is concerned with determine the PCU values of vehicles in under mixed nature traffic flow at on congested highways. PCU is the different types of vehicles offer different degree of interference to the other traffic it necessary to bring all types to a common unit. The common unit adopted is expressing the volume as Passenger Car Unit (PCU) per hour. Determination of road capacity is a major issue for transport planners. Capacity is defined as the maximum number of vehicles that can be accommodated per unit time under given condition of occurrence. Capacity studies for heterogeneous traffic situations are very complex and only limited studies undertaken. In this paper the required data is collected at five main highways around and in Khandwa City using a digital video recorder. This paper discussed the Capacity estimation of roads and PCU value of a vehicle under heterogeneous traffic condition. In this paper the required data is collected at five main highways around and in Khandwa City using a digital video recorder. Detailed extraction of traffic volume and speed were made for every 5 minute time interval, covering both the peak and non- peak period. Comparison of PCU values has been done and finally Chandra method is observed to give more reliable and realistic results.
- Milan Pandya and Nikhil Raval (2015)., Development of Speed - Density Relationship for the Urban Area - A Case Study of Ahmedabad City., International Journal for Scientific Research & Development, 3(5), 41-43.
- Dadi Vasavi Swetha (2016)., Estimation of Passenger Car Unit for Heterogeneous Traffic in Visakhapatnam., International Journal of Engineering Sciences & Research Technology, 5(2), 855-862.
- Roy N., Roy R., Talukdar H. and Saha P. (2017)., Effect of Mixed Traffic on Capacity of Two-Lane Roads: Case Study on Indian Highways., Procedia Engineering, 187, 53-58.
- Khanorkar A.R., Ghodmare S.D. and Khode B.V. (2014)., Impact of lane width of road on passenger car unit capacity under mix traffic condition in cities on congested highways., Int J Eng Res Appl, 4(5), 180-184.
- Parvathy R., Sreelatha T. and Reebu Z.K. (2003)., development of new pcu values and effect of length of passenger cars on PCU., Journal of transportation engineering© IJIRSET, 344-351.
- Wadhwa Akash Rajkumar and Shinde Dattatray (2017)., A study on flow characteristics of national highway., International Journal of Innovations in Engineering Research and Technology, 4(4), 62-70.
- Rao R. Srinivasa, Gupta V.S.S.R, Nitesh G. and Rao Venkata (2017)., Review on Passenger Car Unit Studies in Homogeneous and Heterogeneous Traffic Flow-A Perspective., International Journal of Civil Engineering and Technology, 8(8), 1279-1289.
- Chauhan C., Gupte S. and Bhatt K. (2017)., Effect of Static and Dynamic PCU on Capacity Analysis of Four Lane Divided Urban Road under Mixed Traffic Condition., International Journal of Scientific Research in Science, Engineering and Technology, 3(2), 125-130.
- Khanorkar A.R. and Ghodmare S.D. (2014)., Development of PCU Value of Vehicle under mix Nature Traffic Condition in Cities on Congested Highways., International Journal Of Engineering and Computer Science, 3(5), 6109-6113.
- Rana Sumit and Bajaj Mohit (2016)., Global Scenario on Estimation of Passenger Car Unit: A Review., International Journal of Latest Research in Engineering and Computing, 4(5), 21-24.
- Mahidadiya Ankit N. and Juremalani Prof. Jayesh (2016)., Estimation of Passenger Car Unit value at Signalized Intersection., International Journal of Latest Research in Engineering and Computing, 2(2), 115-121.
- Shalini K. and Kumar B. (2014)., Estimation of the passenger car equivalent: A review., International Journal of Emerging Technology and Advanced Engineering, 4(6), 97-102.
- Dr.Ahlam k. and Razzaq Al-zerjawi (2016)., Estimation of free flow speeds and passenger car equivalent factors for multilane highways., International Journal of Scientific & Engineering Research, 7(6), 721-728.
- Lee C. (2015)., Developing passenger-car equivalents for heavy vehicles in entry flow at roundabouts., Journal of Transportation Engineering, 141(8), 04015013.
- Suresh V. and Umadevi G. (2014)., Empirical Methods of Capacity Estimation of Urban Roads., Global Journal of Researches in Engineering, 14(3), 1112-1120.
- Praveen P.S. and Arasan V.T. (2013)., Influence of Traffic Mix on PCU Value of Vehicles under Heterogeneous Traffic Conditions., International Journal for Traffic and Transport Engineering, 3(3), 302-330.