The resistance factors to using health information technology in Turkey
- 1Industrial Engineering Department, Engineering Faculty, Çukurova University, Adana, Turkey
- 2Industrial Engineering Department, Engineering Faculty, Çukurova University, Adana, Turkey
Res. J. Engineering Sci., Volume 7, Issue (10), Pages 1-9, November,26 (2018)
The primary goal of our study is to determine the types of resistance factors to IT are perceived by the healthcare staff. Furthermore, it was examined whether the resistance factors differ according to the individual characteristics for e.g. gender, profession, age, and IT experience of healthcare personnel or not. The questionnaire was distributed to the healthcare personnel of the hospitals in the different cities namely Ankara, Adana, Mardin and Diyarbak&
- Pollard M.R. (1980)., Fostering Competition in Health Care., Proceedings of the Academy of Political Science, 33(4), 158-167.
- Krovi R. (1993)., Identifying the Causes of Resistance to IS Implementation: A Change Theory Perspective., Information & Management, 25(6), 327-335.
- Walter Z. and Lopez M.S. (2008)., Physician Acceptance of Information Technologies: Role of Perceived Threat to Professional Autonomy., Decision Support Systems, 46(1), 206-215.
- Ilie V., Courtney J.F. and Van Slyke C. (2007)., Paper Versus Electronic: Challenges Associated With Physicians, In Hawaii International Conference on System Sciences, IEEE, 40(5), 2307.
- Beer M. and Nohria N. (2000)., Cracking the Code of Change., HBRs 10 Must Reads on Change, 78(3), 133-141.
- Van Slyke C., Ilie V., Lou H. and Stafford T. (2007)., Perceived Critical Mass and the Adoption of A Communication Technology., European Journal of Information Systems, 16(3), 270-283.
- Buntin M.B., Burke M.F., Hoaglin M.C. and Blumenthal D. (2011)., The Benefits of Health Information Technology: A Review of the Recent Literature Shows Predominantly Positive Results., Health Affairs, 30(3), 464-471.
- Frambach R.T. and Schillewaert N. (2002)., Organizational Innovation Adoption: A Multi-Level Framework of Determinants and Opportunities for Future Research., Journal of Business Research, 55(2), 163-176.
- Hadjimanolis A. (2003)., The Barriers Approach to Innovation., In the International Handbook on Innovation, 559-573.
- Keen P.G. (1981)., Information Systems and Organizational Change., Communications of the ACM, 24(1), 24-33.
- Meissonier R. and Houzé E. (2010)., Toward An IT Conflict-Resistance Theory: Action Research During IT Pre-Implementation., European Journal of Information Systems, 19(5), 540-561.
- Nisbet R.I. and Collins J.M. (1978)., Barriers and Resistance to Innovation., Australian Journal of Teacher Education, 3(1), 1.
- Barutcugil I. (2013)., Strategic Management., Kariyer, Istanbul.
- Zwick T. (2002)., Employee Resistance Against Innovations., International Journal of Manpower, 23(6), 542-552.
- Appelbaum S.H. and Wohl L. (2000)., Transformation or Change: Some Prescriptions For Health Care Organizations., Managing Service Quality: An International Journal, 10(5), 279-298.
- Dent E.B. and Goldberg S.G. (1999)., Challenging Resistance to Change., The Journal of Applied Behavioral Science, 35(1), 25-41.
- Kreitner R. (1992)., Management (5th Ed.)., Boston: Houghton Mifflin.
- Griffin R.W. (1993)., Management (4th Ed.)., Boston: Houghton Mifflin.
- Aldag R.J. and Stearns T.M. (1991)., Management (2nd Ed.)., Cincinnati, OH: South-Western Publishing.
- Schermerhorn J.R. (1989)., Management for Productivity (3rd Ed.)., New York: John Wiley.
- Dubrin A.J. and Ireland R.D. (1993)., Management and Organization (2nd Ed.)., Cincinnati, OH: South-Western Publishing.
- Featherman M.S. and Pavlou P.A. (2003)., Predicting E-Services Adoption: A Perceived Risk Facets Perspective., International Journal of Human-Computer Studies, 59(4), 451-474.
- Davis F.D. (1985)., A Technology Acceptance Model for Empirically Testing New End-User Information Systems: Theory and Results, Doctoral Dissertation, Massachusetts Institute of Technology.,
- Ram S. and Sheth J.N. (1989)., Consumer Resistance to Innovations: The Marketing Problem and its Solutions., Journal of Consumer Marketing, 6(2), 5-14.
- Lluch M. (2011)., Healthcare Professionals Organizational Barriers to Health Information TechnologiesA Literature Review., International Journal of Medical Informatics, 80(12), 849-862.
- Lapointe L. and Rivard S. (2005)., A Multilevel Model of Resistance to Information Technology Implementation., MIS Quarterly, 461-491.
- Laukkanen T., Sinkkonen S. and Laukkanen P. (2009)., Communication Strategies to Overcome Functional and Psychological Resistance to Internet Banking., International Journal of Information Management, 29(2), 111-118.
- Markus M.L. (1983)., Power, Politics, and MIS Implementation., Communications of the ACM, 26(6), 430-444.
- Levi D. and Lawn M. (1993)., The Driving and Restraining Forces Which Affect Technological Innovation in Organizations., The Journal of High Technology Management Research, 4(2), 225-240.
- Goktan A.B. (2006)., The Role of Strategy in the Innovation Process: A Stage Approach., Doctoral Dissertation, University of North Texas.
- Walston S. and Chou A.F. (2011)., CEO Perceptions of Organizational Consensus and its Impact on Hospital Restructuring Outcomes., Journal of Health Organization and Management, 25(2), 176-194.
- Carayannis E.G. and Gonzalez E. (2003)., Creativity and Innovation= Competitiveness? When, How, and Why., In the International Handbook on Innovation, 587-606.
- Shoham A., Vigoda-Gadot E., Ruvio A. and Schwabsky N. (2012)., Testing an Organizational Innovativeness Integrative Model Across Cultures., Journal of Engineering and Technology Management, 29(2), 226-240.
- Chuang Y.S. (1999)., Individual Resistance from Employees to Organizational Change., Unpublished Thesis. Taiwan: Ching Yun University.
- Gil F., Rico R., Alcover C.M. and Barrasa A. (2005)., Change-Oriented Leadership, Satisfaction and Performance in Work Groups: Effects of Team Climate and Group Potency., Journal of Managerial Psychology, 20(3/4), 312-328. Http://Dx.Doi.Org/10.1108/ 02683940510589073.
- Rogers Everett M. (1995)., Diffusion of Innovations., New York, 12.
- Kruse C.S., Kristof C., Jones B., Mitchell E. and Martinez A. (2016)., Barriers to Electronic Health Record Adoption: A Systematic Literature Review., Journal of Medical Systems, 40(12), 252.
- Czaja S.J. and Sharit J. (1998)., Age Differences in Attitudes toward Computers., The Journals of Gerontology Series B: Psychological Sciences and Social Sciences, 53(5), 329-340.
- Lin C., Lin I.C. and Roan J. (2012)., Barriers to Physicians Adoption of Healthcare Information Technology: An Empirical Study on Multiple Hospitals., Journal of Medical Systems, 36(3), 1965-1977.
- Cassidy S. and Eachus P. (2002)., Developing the Computer User Self-Efficacy (CUSE) Scale: Investigating the Relationship between Computer Self-Efficacy, Gender and Experience with Computers., Journal of Educational Computing Research, 26(2), 133-153.
- Morris M.G. and Venkatesh V. (2000)., Age Differences in Technology Adoption Decisions: Implications for a Changing Work Force., Personnel Psychology, 53(2), 375-403.