Effect of stone dust on strength of concrete
- 1Department of Civil Engineering, Bhilai Institute of Technology, Durg, CG, India
- 2Department of Civil Engineering, Bhilai Institute of Technology, Durg, CG, India
Res. J. Engineering Sci., Volume 6, Issue (8), Pages 18-20, September,26 (2017)
In the presented Research, a fraction of fine aggregate used in concrete is replaced by stone dust, a by-product of stone crushing and the sample cube is tested to determine the compressive strength of concrete. Tests to determine the physical properties of sample cube such as specific gravity, fineness modulus, and moisture content are also performed. Stone dust is best alternative for the fine aggregate because fine aggregate (natural sand) and stone dust has similar physical and mechanical properties. This paper shows some relevant studies regarding the effect of stone dust on mechanical property like compressive strength. Hence in this paper strength and properties of conventional concrete and stone dust concrete are compared so that it will be helpful to other researchers.
- Fate S.S. (2014)., Concrete with smart material (manufactured crushed sand)- a review., International Conference on Advances in Engineering and Technology, 27-29.
- Kumar A.S. and Rao Krishna B. (2014)., A study on strength of concrete with partial replacement of cement with quarry dust and metakaolin., International Journal of Innovative Research in Science and Engineering and Technology, 3(3), 10467-10473.
- Bhiksham V., Kishore R. and Raju N.H.M. (2010)., Flexural behavior of high strength stone dust concrete., Challenges, Opportunities and Solutions in Structural Engineering and Construction-Ghafoori (ed.). Taylor and Francis Group-London, 491-500.
- Wakchaure M.R., Shaikh A.P. and Gite B.E. (2012)., Effect of types of fine aggregate on mechanical properties of cemet concrete., International Journal of Modern Engineering Research, 2(5), 3723-3726.
- Manchiryal R.K., Dewangan A. and Gupta D.P. (2014)., Implementation and analysis of strength characteristics of concrete using crusted stone dust as fine aggregate., International Journal of Research in Engineering and Applied Sciences, 4(10), 21-28.
- Reddy M.V. (2010)., investigation on stone dust and ceramic scrap as aggregate replacement in concrete., International Journal of Civil and Structural Engineering, 1(3), 661-666.
- Patel A.N. and Pitroda J.K. (2013)., Stone waste: Effective replacement of cement for establishing green concrete., International Journal of Innovative Technology and Exploring Engineering, 2(5), 24-27.
- Abbas S.Y., Srivastava V. and Agarwal V.C. (2015)., Effect of stone dust on compressive strength of concrete an experimental investigation., International Journal of Engineering Science and Research Technology, 4(2), 538-543.
- Prakash Syam V., Krishnan Dhanya and Jeenu G. (2007)., Influence of fine stone dust on high strength concrete., Our World in Concrete and Structure. Singapore. 28-29 August, [32nd conference of Singapore Concrete Institute]