Space vector pulse width modulation based two level inverter
- 1Dept. of Electrical Engineering, Bhilai Institute of Technology, Durg, C.G, India
- 2Dept. of Electrical Engineering, Bhilai Institute of Technology, Durg, C.G, India
Res. J. Engineering Sci., Volume 6, Issue (8), Pages 8-12, September,26 (2017)
With the rapid development of semiconductor devices, a variety of pulse width modulation (PWM) methods have been developed in order to provide gating signals to the inverter. Popularly used methods for various industrial applications are sinusoidal PWM and space vector PWM. In contrast to SPWM, SVPWM is more advantageous because of its simple implementation and better utilization of DC bus voltage. This paper presents the implementation of SVPWM from sinusoidal PWM by addition of common mode component to sinusoidal phase voltage. The sampled value of sinusoidal phase voltage produces the time equivalent of phase voltage signal, which when passed through PWM generator drives the inverter. The simulation results shows feasibility of this technique for various values of modulation index.
- Wang Fei (2002)., Sine-Triangle versus Space-Vector Modulation for Three-Level PWM Voltage-Source Inverters., IEEE Transactions on Industry Applications, 38 (2), 500-506.
- Bose Bimal K. (2016)., Modern power electronics and AC drives., Pearson Education, India, 228-240. ISBN: 978-01-30167-43-9.
- Gaballah Mahmoud, El-Bardini Mohammed, Sharaf Soliman and Mabrouk Mohammed (2011)., Implementation of Space Vector-PWM for driving two level voltage source inverters., Journal of Engineering Sciences, Assiut University, 39(4), 871-884.
- Bhalla Simran and Kumar Jagdish (2015)., Implementation of Space Vector Modulation for Two Level Inverter and its Comparison with SPWM., International Journal of Advanced Research in Electrical, Electronics and Instrumentation Engineering, 4(6), 5012-5019.
- McGrath Brendan Peter, Holmes Donald Grahame and Lipo Thomas (2003)., Optimized Space Vector Switching Sequence for Multilevel Inverters., IEEE Transactions on Power Electronics, 18(6), 1293-1301.
- Kubeitari M., Alhusayn A. and Alnahar M. (2012)., Space Vector PWM simulation for three phase AC/DC Inverter., World Academy of Science, Engineering and Technology, 6(12), 644-649.
- Patakor Fizatul Aini, Sulaiman Marizan and Ibrahim Zulkifilie (2011)., Comparison Performance of Induction Motor Using SVPWM and Hysteresis Current Controller., Journal of Theoretical and Applied Information Technology, 30(1), 10-17.