A survey on fractional order PID controller
- 1Electrical and Electronics Engineering, CSIT, Durg, Chhattisgarh, India
- 2Electrical and Electronics Engineering, Bhilai Institute of Technology, Durg, Chhattisgarh, India
Res. J. Engineering Sci., Volume 6, Issue (7), Pages 39-43, August,26 (2017)
There are a numerous authentic vibrant systems which are enhanced by considering a non-integer system which is related to the fractional calculus. Integer order differentiation and integration form the basis of previous calculation. The system representation using the method of fractional calculus is an influential instrument that has changed the view of the system modeling. A distinguish and numerous research related to fractional order controllers application in different areas of engineering and science, risen to various study perspectives of analysis, design, tuning and implementation of the fractional order controllers. The distinguish characteristic of fractional order control is that it is a generalization of classical control theory. FOPID controllers are more ample than the previously used IOPID controllers. FOPID controllers are comprehensively used by various technocrats to accomplish the most vigorous recital of the models. Fractional order controllers provide two extra parameters for tuning than the classical PID controllers, which enhance the overall performance of the system. The FOPID controllers are less receptive to the uncertainty of the parameter which may exist in the controller & controlled system.
- Shah P. and Agashe S. (2016)., Review of fractional PID controller., Mechatronics, 38, 29-41.
- Chen Y., Petras I. and Xue D. (2009)., Fractional order control-A tutorial., In American Control Conference, ACC
- Monje C.A., Chen Y., Vinagre B.M., Xue D. and Feliu-Batlle V. (2010)., Fractional-order systems and controls: fundamentals and applications., Springer Science & Business Media.
- Vinagre B.M., Podlubny I., Hernandez A. and Feliu V. (2000)., Some approximations of fractional order operators used in control theory and applications., Fractional calculus and applied analysis, 3(3), 231-248.
- Cao J.Y. and Cao B.G. (2006)., Design of fractional order controllers based on particle swarm optimization., Industrial Electronics and Applications, 2006 1ST IEEE Conference on, IEEE, 1-6.
- Das S., Saha S., Das S. and Gupta A. (2011)., On the selection of tuning methodology of FOPID controllers for the control of higher order processes., ISA transactions, 50(3), 376-388.
- Polubny I. (1999)., Fractional-order systems and PIλDμ controller., IEEE Trans. Automatic Control, 44, 208-214.
- Li H., Luo Y. and Chen Y. (2010)., A fractional order proportional and derivative (FOPD) motion controller: tuning rule and experiments., IEEE Transactions on control systems technology, 18(2), 516-520.
- Luo Y., Chen Y.Q., Wang C.Y. and Pi Y.G. (2010)., Tuning fractional order proportional integral controllers for fractional order systems., Journal of Process Control, 20(7), 823-831.
- Monje C.A., Vinagre B.M., Santamaria G.E. and Tejado I. (2009)., Auto-tuning of Fractional Order PIλ Dµ Controllers using a PLC., Proceedings of the 14 IEEE international conference on Emerging technologies & factory automation (IEEE Press Piscataway, NJ, USA), 1095, 1-7.
- Monje C.A., Vinagre B.M., Chen Y.Q., Feliu V., Lanusse P. and Sabatier J. (2004)., Proposals for fractional PID-tuning., Proceedings of The First IFAC Symposium on Fractional Differentiation and its Applications (FDA04), 115-120.
- Monje C.A., Vinagre B.M., Feliu V. and Chen Y. (2008)., Tuning and auto-tuning of fractional order controllers for industry applications., Control engineering practice, 16(7), 798-812.
- Padula F. and Visioli A. (2015)., Advances in robust fractional control., Springer Science & Business Media.
- Padula F. and Visioli A. (2011)., Tuning rules for optimal PID and fractional-order PID controllers., Journal of process control, 21(1), 69-81.
- Podlubny I. (1994)., Fractional-order systems and fractional-order controllers., Institute of Experimental Physics, Slovak Academy of Sciences, Kosice, 12(3), 1-18.
- Tavazoei M.S. (2010)., Notes on integral performance indices in fractional-order control systems., Journal of Process Control, 20(3), 285-291.
- Valério D. and da Costa J.S. (2006)., Tuning of fractional PID controllers with Ziegler–Nichols-type rules., Signal Processing, 86(10), 2771-2784.
- Valerio D. and da Costa J.S. (2010)., A review of tuning methods for fractional PIDs., In 4th IFAC Workshop on Fractional Differentiation and its Applications, FDA, 10.
- Vinagre B.M., Monje C.A., Calderón A.J. and Suárez J.I. (2007)., Fractional PID controllers for industry application.A brief introduction., Journal of Vibration and Control, 13(9-10), 1419-1429.
- Xue D. and Chen Y. (2002)., A comparative introduction of four fractional order controllers., Intelligent Control and Automation, 2002.Proceedings of the 4th World Congress on, IEEE, 4, 3228-3235.
- Yeroglu C. and Tan N. (2011)., Note on fractional-order proportional-integral-differential controller design., IET control theory & applications, 5(17), 1978-1989.
- Zhao C., Xue D. and Chen Y. (2005)., A fractional order PID tuning algorithm for a class of fractional order plants., Mechatronics and Automation, 2005 IEEE International Conference , IEEE, 1, 216-221.
- Yan Z., He J., Li Y., Li K. and Song C. (2013)., Realization of Fractional Order Controllers by Using Multiple Tuning-Rules., International Journal of Signal Processing, Image Processing and Pattern Recognition, 6(6), 119-128.
- Padula F. and Visioli A. (2013)., Set‐point weight tuning rules for fractional‐order PID controllers., Asian Journal of Control, 15(3), 678-690.
- Hui-fang W., Qiu-sheng H., Zhi-cheng Z. and Jing-gang Z. (2015)., A design method of fractional order PI λ D μ controller for higher order systems., Control Conference (CCC), 2015 34th Chinese, IEEE, 272-277.
- Lachhab N., Svaricek F., Wobbe F. and Rabba H. (2013)., Fractional order PID controller (FOPID)-toolbox., In Control Conference (ECC), 2013 European, IEEE, 3694-3699.