Precise sizing of stand-alone photovoltaic system for residential use in Nagpur, India
- 1Department of Electrical and Electronics Engineering, Bhilai Institute of Technology, Raipur, Chhattisgarh, India
Res. J. Engineering Sci., Volume 6, Issue (5), Pages 19-23, June,26 (2017)
The aim of this paper is to present precise sizing of a stand-alone PV system for a typical residence in Nagpur Maharashtra. A PV system design can be either approximate or precise. The approximate design is useful as it allows one to size the PV system without going much into the details of each component. But the efficiency of large PV systems can only be improved by precise sizing. There are various factors that should be incorporated in precise sizing of a PV system some of them are precise estimation of solar radiation data, information about battery Dod and PV array losses. All these factors have been considered in this paper for a precise sizing of stand-alone PV system for a residence in Nagpur (Maharashtra).
- Chetan Singh Solanki (2015)., Solar Photovoltaic Technology and Systems A Manual for Technicians, Trainers and Engineers., PHI Publications, 219-248, ISBN-978-81-203-4711-3
- Solanki Singh Chetan (2015)., Solar Photovoltaics Fundamental, Technologies and Applications., PHI Publications, 419-462, ISBN-978-81-203-5111-0
- ASU College of Technology and Innovation (2017), Solar PV Stand alone System Good Practice Guide, Small System Sizing., from:voctec.asu.edu/content/good-practice-guide-small-system-sizing.web. February 2017.
- Josh S., Pandya V. and Bhalja B. (2016)., Hybrid wind photovoltaic standalone system., Power Systems (ICPS), 2016 IEEE 6th International Conference on IEEE, 1-5.
- Manju B.S., Ramaprabha R. and Mathur B.L. (2011)., Modelling and control of standalone solar photovoltaic charging system., Emerging Trends in Electrical and Computer Technology (ICETECT), 2011 International Conference on IEEE, 78-81.
- Das M. and Agarwal V. (2015)., Novel High-Performance Stand-Alone Solar PV System With High-Gain High-Efficiency DC–DC Converter Power Stages., IEEE Transactions on Industry Applications, 51(6), 4718-4728.
- Shah U., Kadam P. and Lahoti G. (2016)., Control of standalone solar PV system in varying operating conditions for DC loads., Engineering and Technology (ICETECH), 2016 IEEE International Conference on IEEE, 1181-1186.
- Atmospheric (2017)., How many nuclear power plants to reduce atmospheric GHG level by 1 PPM., Mechanical Engineering for the publicCool graphic on US GHG emissions, http://pathsoflight.us/musing/2007/05/how-many-nuclear-power-plants-to-reduce-ghg-by-1-ppm/, web February 2017