Biometric Template Protection
- 1Department of Electronics & Communication, Shri Shankaracharaya Group of Institutions, Shri Shankaracharaya Technical Campus, Junmani, Bhilai, Chhattisgarh, India
- 2Shri Shankaracharaya Group of Institutions, Shri Shankaracharaya Technical Campus, Junmani, Bhilai, Chhattisgarh, India
Res. J. Engineering Sci., Volume 5, Issue (8), Pages 1-7, August,26 (2016)
Biometric template offers a dependable approach to the trouble of user authentication in identity management structures. Various biometric technologies were developed and effectively deployed around the arena which includes fingerprints, face, iris, palm-print, hand geometry and signature. Fingerprints are the most popular due to their ease of capture, forte and patience through the years, as well as the low cost of sensors and algorithms. A biometric authentication scheme with template protection this is irreversible in opposition to almost all types of adversaries. If a biometric template inside the database of the device of someone is compromised that consequently might imply identification robbery of that man or woman. Most biometric systems which are presently in use, generally use a single biometric trait to set up identity, they\'re called uni-modal biometric structures that have a few obstacles. A template protection scheme with provable safety and acceptable reputation overall performance has to date remained elusive.
- Nagar Abhishek, Karthik Nandakumar and Jain Anil K. (2012)., Multibiometric Cryptosystems Based on Feature-Level Fusion., IEEE Transactions on Information Forensics And Security, 7(1), 255-268, ISBN: 1556-6013.
- Teoh A.B.J., Toh K.A. and Yip W.K. (2007)., 2N Discretisation of BioPhasor in Cancellable Biometrics., Proc. Second Intl. Conf. on Biometrics, Seoul, South Korea, 435-444.
- Ratha N.K., Chikkerur S., Connell and Bolle J.H. (2007)., Generating Cancelable Fingerprint Templates., IEEE Trans on Pattern Analysis and Machine Intelligence, 29(4), 561-572.
- Jain Anil K., Nandakumar Karthik and Nagar Abhishek (2007)., Biometric Template Security., EURASIP Journal on Advances in Signal Processing, Hindawi Publishing Corporation, 2008, Article ID 579416, 2-8, doi:10.1155/2008/579416.
- Ross Arun, Umut Uludag and Anil K. Jain (2005)., Biometric Template Security: Challenges and Solutions., Signal Processing Conference, 2005, 13th European http://biometrics.cse.msu.edu.
- Shih-Wei Sun, Chun-Shien Lu and Pao-Chi Chang. (2007)., Biometric Template Protection: A Key-Mixed Template Approach., Proceeding IEEE International Conference, Ch3, pp1-3, ISBN :1-4244-0763X/07, http://vaplab.ee.ncu.edu.twenglishpcchangpdfc75.
- Brent Auernheimer and Max J. Tsai. (2005)., Biometric Authentication for Web-Based Course Examinations., IEEE Proc. of 38th Hawaii International Conference on System Sciences, 1-5.
- Karthik Nandakumar, Jain Anil K. and Pankanti. Sharath (2007)., Fingerprint-Based Fuzzy Vault: Implementation and Performance., IEEE Trans. On Information Forensics and Security, 2(4), 744-751.
- Juels and Sudan M. (2002)., A fuzzy vault scheme., Proc. of IEEE Int. Symp. Inform. Theory, Lausanne, Switzerland, 408.
- Nagar Abhishek, Nandakumar Karthik and Jain Anil K. (2012)., Multibiometric Cryptosystems Based on Feature-Level Fusion., IEEE Trans. On Information Forensics and Security, 7(1), 255-268.
- Jain Anil K., Nandakumar Karthik and Nagar Abhishek (2012)., Fingerprint Template Protection: From Theory to Practice, Security and Privacy in Biometrics., P. Campisi edition, Springer, 1-6.
- Ohana Donny Jacob, Phillips Liza and Chen. Lei (2013)., Fingerprint Biometric Security utilizing Dongle and Solid State Relay Technology., IEEE Security and Privacy Workshops, 173-180, DOI 10.1109/SPW.2013.19.
- Bringer Julien, Chabanne Hervé and Kindarji Bruno (2008)., The best of both worlds: Applying secure sketches to cancelable Biometrics., Science of Computer Programming, (74) 43-51, http://www.ac.els-cdn.comS01676423080012631-s2.0-S0167642308001263-main.pdf.
- Ratha N.K., Connell J., Bolle R.M. and Chikkerur S. (2006)., Cancelable Biometrics: A case study in fingerprints., IEEE Computer Society, ICPR (4), 3-6.
- Ratha N.K., Connell J.H. and Bolle R.M. (2001)., Enhancing security and privacy in biometrics-based authentication systems., IBM Syst. J., 40(3), 614-634.
- Ratha N.K., Chikkerur S., Connell J.H. and Bolle R.M. (2007)., Generating cancelable fingerprint templates., IEEE Trans. Pattern Anal. Mach. Intell., 29(4), 561-572.
- Prabhakar Salil, Pankanti Sharath and Jain. Anil K. (2003)., Biometric Recognition: Security and Privacy., IEEE Security & Privacy, 540-7993/03.
- Nagar Abhishek (2012)., Biometric Template Security., Ph.D Dissertation. Michigan State University.
- Pappu R., Garfinkel S.L. and Juels A. (2005)., RFID Privacy: An Overview of Problems and Proposed Solutions., Electronics & Communication Engineering Journal, 34-43.
- Manabe H., Sasaki R., Yamakawa Y. and Sasamoto T. (2009)., Security Evaluation of Biometrics Authentications for cellular phones., Electronics & Communication Engineering Journal, 34-39
- Jain Anil K., Nandakumar Karthik, and Nagar. Abhishek (2008)., Biometric Template Security., Hindawi Publishing Corporation, EURASIP Journal on Advances in Signal Processing.
- Hao Feng, Anderson Ross and Daugman. John (2006)., Combining Crypto with Biometrics Effectively., IEEE Trans on computers, 55(9), 1081- 1088.
- Nandakumar Karthik and Jain. Anil K. (2015)., Biometric Template Protection: Bridging the performance gap between theory and practice., IEEE Signal Processing Magazine, 32(5), 88-100.
- Jain A.K., Nandakumar K. and Nagar A. (2012)., Biometric Template Security., EURASIP Journal on Advances in Signal Processing, Special Issue on Advanced Signal Processing and Pattern Recognition Methods for Biometrics, 7-11.
- Rane S., Wang Y., Draper S.C. and Ishwar P. (2013)., Secure Biometrics: Concepts, Authentication Architectures, and Challenges., IEEE Signal Processing Magazine, 30(5), 51–64.
- Scheirer W.J., Bishop B. and Boult T.E. (2010)., Beyond PKI: The Biocryptographic Key Infrastructure., IEEE International Workshop on Information Forensics and Security, 1-8.
- Herschel W.J. (1894)., Finger-Prints., Nature, 51(1308), 77-78.
- O’Gorman L. (2003)., Comparing passwords, tokens, and biometrics for user authentication., Proceedings of the IEEE, 91(12), 2021-2040.
- Prabhakar S., Pankanti S. and Jain A.K. (2003)., Biometric recognition: Security and privacy concerns., IEEE Security and Privacy, 1(2), 33-42.