PLC Based Automation System for Proportioning of Raw Mix in Sinter Plant-2 under Modernization and Expansion Project of Bhilai Steel Plant
- 1Department of Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering, Bhilai Institute of Technology Durg, India
- 2Bhilai Steel Plant, Bhilai, CG, India
Res. J. Engineering Sci., Volume 5, Issue (6), Pages 15-17, June,26 (2016)
The main objective of this paper is proportioning of raw material in Sinter Plant-2 (SP-2) to achieve required quality of sinter at blast furnace. The proposed work deals with proportioning and mixing of the raw material by a particular chemical analysis, which is required for sinter making. This is achieved through utilization of belt weighing system using load cells and controllers. In this paper it is envisaged how modernization techniques are used for sinter making. By implementation of the improved PLC based raw material feeding or proportioning system, Sinter Plant II is able to produce Sinter of consistent quality.
- Nandesh K.N., Kiran B.V., Jiby C. Jose and Souryasen K. (2014)., Improving the Efficiency of Weigher Using PLC Control., International Journal of Research in Engineering and Technology.
- Rishi Sumeet Kumar, Soni R, Prasad B.K., Shrivastava V.K., Nigam D.S. and hiyagarajan D. (2013)., Implementation of an Advanced Process Automation System for Improvement of Sinter Machine: 3 Operation at Bokaro Steel Plan, Journal of Mechanical Engineering and Technology.
- KoshtiMohit D., Patel Pavan N., Chaudhari Tanvi N. (2014)., Concept of Sinter Plant using Automation., International Journal of Advanced Research.
- Angelika Klinger, Thomas Kronberger, Martin Schaler, Bernhard Schurz and Klaus Stohl (2010)., Expert systems Controlling the iron making processing in closed loop operation., Expert systems book edited by Petrica Vizureanu, INTECH, Crcatia, ISBN 978-953-307-032-2, 238.
- Coelho R.J., Fioroni M.M. and da Silva L.B. (2006)., Operational simulation Model of the Raw Material Handling in an integrated Steel Making Plant., proceeding of the 2009 Winter Simulation IEEE Conference for controlling Sinter chemical composition” proceeding of Iron Making and Steel Making.
- Mitra S., Gangadaran M., Raju M.T., Balaji S.A., Santra B.K. and Neogi N. (2005)., A process model for uniform transvars temperature distribution in Sinter Plant., Steel Times International, 27(5), 17-18.
- Sun Wendong, Bettigar D., Straka G. and Stohl K. (2002)., Sinter Plant Automation on a new level., Proceedings of AISE Annual Convention, N Ashville, USA.
- Nandesh K.N., Kiran B.V., Jiby C. Jose K and Souryasen (2014)., Improving the Efficiency of Weigher Using PLC Control., International Journal of Research in Engineering and Technology.